100 Tai-Ahom leaders join AGP
Guwahati: The opposition Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) on Wednesday received a boost with the joining of 100 leaders from the Tai Ahom community.
Led by former president of Tai-Ahom Students Association Pradeep Konwar, the leaders joined the AGP in
presence of its president Chandra Mohan Patowary.
Speaking on the occasion Patowary said his party`s
base in upper Assam`s Ahom dominated areas have become
stronger with the joining of the leaders.
He charged the Tarun Gogoi led government with going
back on its promise to provide scheduled caste status to eight
ethnic communities in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Mayawati raises assault on Muslim women by vigilantes in Madhya Pradesh
- Volkswagen kicks off deliveries of its first Made in India car Ameo
- Kalam's death has left irreplaceable void: PM Narendra Modi
- Flood alert sounded in UP districts after rains in Nepal
- Stem cells injection could ward off glaucoma