100 Tai-Ahom leaders join AGP
Guwahati: The opposition Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) on Wednesday received a boost with the joining of 100 leaders from the Tai Ahom community.
Led by former president of Tai-Ahom Students Association Pradeep Konwar, the leaders joined the AGP in
presence of its president Chandra Mohan Patowary.
Speaking on the occasion Patowary said his party`s
base in upper Assam`s Ahom dominated areas have become
stronger with the joining of the leaders.
He charged the Tarun Gogoi led government with going
back on its promise to provide scheduled caste status to eight
ethnic communities in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning