103 Militants surrender to authorities in Manipur
Imphal: Altogether 103 militants belonging to different insurgent groups including the major insurgent outfits like the United National Liberation Front (UNLF) and Kanglei Yawol Kann Lup (KYKL) Monday surrendered before the Manipur Chief Minister and other senior government officials , official sources said.
The militants belonging to 14 groups laid down arms before Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh in presence of Home minister Gaikhangam,Chief Secretary D S Poonia and Director General of Police(DGP) R Baral, the sources said.
Speaking on the occasion, Ibobi Singh said in a democratic society like ours, violence would not bring any solution and asked the militants to lay down arms and involve themselves in development works.
He said Manipur has witnessed too much insurgency- related violence in the past three decades.
"I urge the the militants to give up violence and participate in the development activities,"Ibobi Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- PM Modi, Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states on Saturday
- AAP removes Punjab chief for alleged corruption
- Clinton says emails, foundation ties not a threat to her White House bid
- From Olympic glory to jail: Oscar Pistorius' bid to challenge six-year jail term fails
- Piers Morgan TWEETS AGAIN: UK journalist takes credit for PM Modi setting up task force for next three Olympics