103 Militants surrender to authorities in Manipur
Imphal: Altogether 103 militants belonging to different insurgent groups including the major insurgent outfits like the United National Liberation Front (UNLF) and Kanglei Yawol Kann Lup (KYKL) Monday surrendered before the Manipur Chief Minister and other senior government officials , official sources said.
The militants belonging to 14 groups laid down arms before Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh in presence of Home minister Gaikhangam,Chief Secretary D S Poonia and Director General of Police(DGP) R Baral, the sources said.
Speaking on the occasion, Ibobi Singh said in a democratic society like ours, violence would not bring any solution and asked the militants to lay down arms and involve themselves in development works.
He said Manipur has witnessed too much insurgency- related violence in the past three decades.
"I urge the the militants to give up violence and participate in the development activities,"Ibobi Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brave jawans gun down six militants in encounters in Kashmir's Kupwara - Know gunbattle details
- Brexit poll results: Britain, EU relation on knife-edge as historic referendum closes
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus