103 Militants surrender to authorities in Manipur
Imphal: Altogether 103 militants belonging to different insurgent groups including the major insurgent outfits like the United National Liberation Front (UNLF) and Kanglei Yawol Kann Lup (KYKL) Monday surrendered before the Manipur Chief Minister and other senior government officials , official sources said.
The militants belonging to 14 groups laid down arms before Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh in presence of Home minister Gaikhangam,Chief Secretary D S Poonia and Director General of Police(DGP) R Baral, the sources said.
Speaking on the occasion, Ibobi Singh said in a democratic society like ours, violence would not bring any solution and asked the militants to lay down arms and involve themselves in development works.
He said Manipur has witnessed too much insurgency- related violence in the past three decades.
"I urge the the militants to give up violence and participate in the development activities,"Ibobi Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Maharashtra Board HSC Examination Results 2016: (maharesult.nic.in) MSBSHSE Class 12th Result 2016, Maharashtra Board Plus two Result to be declared on May 25 (today)
- Six more arrested for attack on Punjab spiritual leader Sant Baba Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale
- IPL 9: RCB skipper Virat Kohli 81-run short to create history this season
- Second seed Andy Murray battles into French Open second round
- Watch video: Furious and stormy young sun seeded life on Earth, says NASA