103 Militants surrender to authorities in Manipur
Imphal: Altogether 103 militants belonging to different insurgent groups including the major insurgent outfits like the United National Liberation Front (UNLF) and Kanglei Yawol Kann Lup (KYKL) Monday surrendered before the Manipur Chief Minister and other senior government officials , official sources said.
The militants belonging to 14 groups laid down arms before Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh in presence of Home minister Gaikhangam,Chief Secretary D S Poonia and Director General of Police(DGP) R Baral, the sources said.
Speaking on the occasion, Ibobi Singh said in a democratic society like ours, violence would not bring any solution and asked the militants to lay down arms and involve themselves in development works.
He said Manipur has witnessed too much insurgency- related violence in the past three decades.
"I urge the the militants to give up violence and participate in the development activities,"Ibobi Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room