103 Militants surrender to authorities in Manipur
Imphal: Altogether 103 militants belonging to different insurgent groups including the major insurgent outfits like the United National Liberation Front (UNLF) and Kanglei Yawol Kann Lup (KYKL) Monday surrendered before the Manipur Chief Minister and other senior government officials , official sources said.
The militants belonging to 14 groups laid down arms before Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh in presence of Home minister Gaikhangam,Chief Secretary D S Poonia and Director General of Police(DGP) R Baral, the sources said.
Speaking on the occasion, Ibobi Singh said in a democratic society like ours, violence would not bring any solution and asked the militants to lay down arms and involve themselves in development works.
He said Manipur has witnessed too much insurgency- related violence in the past three decades.
"I urge the the militants to give up violence and participate in the development activities,"Ibobi Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report