114 militants surrender in Manipur
Imphal: Over 110 militants belonging to different banned outfits on Wednesday laid down arms and surrendered before Manipur Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh unconditionally to join the mainstream and to promote peace in the state.
The 114 militants also handed over several arms, including AK 47 rifles, different guns, carbines and pistols to Singh at a simple homecoming ceremony here attended by state Home Minister Gaikhangam, Director General of Police Y Joy Kumar and others, said an official statement issued by Assam Rifles.
Speaking on the occasion, the CM lauded the bold step taken by the militants to shun violence and to join the path of peace and prosperity.
Appreciating the critical role of the Assam Rifles in encouraging misguided youth to join the mainstream thereby promoting peace in the area, Singh said peace and freedom from crime and terrorism are the catalysts for bringing all round development in the region.
Some of the family members of the surrendered militants also appealed to the government to help them rehabilitate properly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?