12-hr Itanagar bandh on Dec 12
Itanagar: The Nyishi Youth Welfare Association
(NYWA) has called a 12-hour capital bandh on December 12
in protest against what they described as the state
government`s "failure" to fulfill its demand.
The organisation had earlier served a ten-day ultimatum
to the government for bringing to an end the recent stalemate
following a deregatory remark against the Nyishi community
which was published in two national dailies on May 4 last.
The report evoked strong reactions in the state that
witnessed a series of bandh calls and violence in the recent
past which even claimed a life on October 11 last.
The NYWA in a release today also threatened to
continue its agitation till `justice` is delivered to
The organisation said that all sort of commercial
establishments, offices and educational institutions will
remained closed including movement of vehicles during the
However, media, security forces, ambulance and milk
van have been exempted from the purview of the bandh, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed announces 'jihad to free Pakistani rivers from India'
- Chinese ship inaugurates expanded Panama Canal
- Euro 2016: Germany cruise into last eight with 3-0 Slovakia win
- Security in Kashmir reviewed following Pampore attack; Amarnath Yatra to begin soon
- Southwest monsoon progresses in Gujarat