12-hr Itanagar bandh on Dec 12
Itanagar: The Nyishi Youth Welfare Association
(NYWA) has called a 12-hour capital bandh on December 12
in protest against what they described as the state
government`s "failure" to fulfill its demand.
The organisation had earlier served a ten-day ultimatum
to the government for bringing to an end the recent stalemate
following a deregatory remark against the Nyishi community
which was published in two national dailies on May 4 last.
The report evoked strong reactions in the state that
witnessed a series of bandh calls and violence in the recent
past which even claimed a life on October 11 last.
The NYWA in a release today also threatened to
continue its agitation till `justice` is delivered to
The organisation said that all sort of commercial
establishments, offices and educational institutions will
remained closed including movement of vehicles during the
However, media, security forces, ambulance and milk
van have been exempted from the purview of the bandh, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested