12 pc job reservation for BPL candidates in Sikkim
Gangtok: Sikkim government on Monday announced 12 per cent reservation in all state government jobs and posts in public sector undertakings for candidates living below poverty line.
This 12 per cent "horizontal reservation" will be applicable with immediate effect only to those BPL persons who are of Sikkimese origin, an official notification said here.
As per the latest figures issued by the Planning Commission, Sikkim has just about 8 per cent people living below poverty line.
This comes to about 55,000 BPL people in Sikkim, official sources said12 pc job reservation for BPL candidates in Sikkim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi