13 ATTF insurgents surrender before Assam Rifles
Agartala: 13 insurgents of outlawed All
Tripura Tiger Force (ATTF) surrendered before the Assam Rifles
here today after fleeing from their base camp in neighbouring
Bangladesh, police said.
The 13-member group led by self-styled captain Jagadish
Debbarma deposited a cache of arms with the DIG of Assam
Rifles Brig S T Upasani in presence of DGP Tripura Selim Ali.
They handed over 11 AK-47 rifles, 2 SLR, 2 rifles, live
cartridges and 24 kgs of explosives, they said.
The insurgents said they took the decision following
heavy crack down by security forces in Bangladesh, non payment
of their salaries and crisis of food in the camps, according
It was the biggest surrender of any insurgent group this
year along with arms and ammunition, police claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- 80 killed, over 200 injured in twin suicide bomb attacks on Kabul protesters; Islamic State claims responsibility
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans