13 ATTF insurgents surrender before Assam Rifles
Agartala: 13 insurgents of outlawed All
Tripura Tiger Force (ATTF) surrendered before the Assam Rifles
here today after fleeing from their base camp in neighbouring
Bangladesh, police said.
The 13-member group led by self-styled captain Jagadish
Debbarma deposited a cache of arms with the DIG of Assam
Rifles Brig S T Upasani in presence of DGP Tripura Selim Ali.
They handed over 11 AK-47 rifles, 2 SLR, 2 rifles, live
cartridges and 24 kgs of explosives, they said.
The insurgents said they took the decision following
heavy crack down by security forces in Bangladesh, non payment
of their salaries and crisis of food in the camps, according
It was the biggest surrender of any insurgent group this
year along with arms and ammunition, police claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win