13 ATTF insurgents surrender before Assam Rifles
Agartala: 13 insurgents of outlawed All
Tripura Tiger Force (ATTF) surrendered before the Assam Rifles
here today after fleeing from their base camp in neighbouring
Bangladesh, police said.
The 13-member group led by self-styled captain Jagadish
Debbarma deposited a cache of arms with the DIG of Assam
Rifles Brig S T Upasani in presence of DGP Tripura Selim Ali.
They handed over 11 AK-47 rifles, 2 SLR, 2 rifles, live
cartridges and 24 kgs of explosives, they said.
The insurgents said they took the decision following
heavy crack down by security forces in Bangladesh, non payment
of their salaries and crisis of food in the camps, according
It was the biggest surrender of any insurgent group this
year along with arms and ammunition, police claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- AN-32 search still on, ISRO satellite imagery sought
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!
- Navjot Singh Sidhu is still in the party: Punjab BJP chief
- Youth arrested from Parbhani for suspected ISIS links
- Shocking! UP man caught having sexual relationship with 140 women, which includes lady police officer - READ