13 ATTF insurgents surrender before Assam Rifles
Agartala: 13 insurgents of outlawed All
Tripura Tiger Force (ATTF) surrendered before the Assam Rifles
here today after fleeing from their base camp in neighbouring
Bangladesh, police said.
The 13-member group led by self-styled captain Jagadish
Debbarma deposited a cache of arms with the DIG of Assam
Rifles Brig S T Upasani in presence of DGP Tripura Selim Ali.
They handed over 11 AK-47 rifles, 2 SLR, 2 rifles, live
cartridges and 24 kgs of explosives, they said.
The insurgents said they took the decision following
heavy crack down by security forces in Bangladesh, non payment
of their salaries and crisis of food in the camps, according
It was the biggest surrender of any insurgent group this
year along with arms and ammunition, police claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months