13 ATTF insurgents surrender before Assam Rifles
Agartala: 13 insurgents of outlawed All
Tripura Tiger Force (ATTF) surrendered before the Assam Rifles
here today after fleeing from their base camp in neighbouring
Bangladesh, police said.
The 13-member group led by self-styled captain Jagadish
Debbarma deposited a cache of arms with the DIG of Assam
Rifles Brig S T Upasani in presence of DGP Tripura Selim Ali.
They handed over 11 AK-47 rifles, 2 SLR, 2 rifles, live
cartridges and 24 kgs of explosives, they said.
The insurgents said they took the decision following
heavy crack down by security forces in Bangladesh, non payment
of their salaries and crisis of food in the camps, according
It was the biggest surrender of any insurgent group this
year along with arms and ammunition, police claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- 25-year-old woman gang-raped, two arrested
- How to dress like a star within your budget! Get tips right away
- People spreading violence can't be Kashmiris, says Mehbooba
- Jagdish Mukhi sworn in as Lt Guv of Andaman and Nicobar
- Over 55 students hospitalised after consuming food from college hostel in TN