13 Bangladeshis held in Tripura
Agartala: Thirteen Bangladeshi nationals
were arrested by Mobile Task Force (MTF) personnel of Tripura
Police from different parts of the state capital here, police on Sunday said.
Acting on a tip-off, MTF personnel raided different
parts of the town yesterday and arrested the Bangladeshis and
seized currencies worth Rs. 7,100 from their possession,
There had been rise in number of intrusion of
nationals of the neighbouring country probably in search of
work, at least 25 Bangladeshis had been arrested last month,
According to intelligence intercepts the infiltration
had mainly been taking place through Sonamura sub-division of
West Tripura district, as a long patch of Indo-Bangla border
area is yet to be fenced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!