13 Bangladeshis held in Tripura
Agartala: Thirteen Bangladeshi nationals
were arrested by Mobile Task Force (MTF) personnel of Tripura
Police from different parts of the state capital here, police on Sunday said.
Acting on a tip-off, MTF personnel raided different
parts of the town yesterday and arrested the Bangladeshis and
seized currencies worth Rs. 7,100 from their possession,
There had been rise in number of intrusion of
nationals of the neighbouring country probably in search of
work, at least 25 Bangladeshis had been arrested last month,
According to intelligence intercepts the infiltration
had mainly been taking place through Sonamura sub-division of
West Tripura district, as a long patch of Indo-Bangla border
area is yet to be fenced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?