13 polling stations declared sensitive in Mizoram
Aizawl: Thirteen polling stations out of a total of 29 in Chalfilh Assembly constituency, where by-election is scheduled to be held on February 23, have been identified as `sensitive`, an official statement on Tuesday said.
The statement said that North Khawlek, Daido, Vanbawng, North East Tlangnuam, Lamherh, Khawlian-I, Khawlian-II, Suangpuilawn-I, Suangpuilawn-II, Phuaibuang-I, Phuaibuang-II, Zawngin and Luangpawn polling stations were declared by the election department as `sensitive` polling stations.
Meeting of the District Level Standing Committee on Election, chaired by Aizawl District Deputy Commissioner Dr Franklin Laltinkhuma was informed that elavorate arrangements have been made for the by-polls.
The constituency was divided into three sectors and each sector would be supervised by a sectoral magistrate.
The meeting was attended by representatives of the concerned departments, NGOs, political parties and Mizoram People`s Forum (MPF), a church-sponsored election watch dog.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- WATCH: Chilling video of Gwalior road mishap and miraculous escape of two scooty riders
- 'Sultan' moment: Salman Khan, nephew Ahil clicked in wrestling mood
- Palestinian killed in exchange of fire with Israeli army
- Girl commits suicide after being ragged in Kerala, three final year students arrested
- Japan knife attacker grins before cameras