13 polling stations declared sensitive in Mizoram
Aizawl: Thirteen polling stations out of a total of 29 in Chalfilh Assembly constituency, where by-election is scheduled to be held on February 23, have been identified as `sensitive`, an official statement on Tuesday said.
The statement said that North Khawlek, Daido, Vanbawng, North East Tlangnuam, Lamherh, Khawlian-I, Khawlian-II, Suangpuilawn-I, Suangpuilawn-II, Phuaibuang-I, Phuaibuang-II, Zawngin and Luangpawn polling stations were declared by the election department as `sensitive` polling stations.
Meeting of the District Level Standing Committee on Election, chaired by Aizawl District Deputy Commissioner Dr Franklin Laltinkhuma was informed that elavorate arrangements have been made for the by-polls.
The constituency was divided into three sectors and each sector would be supervised by a sectoral magistrate.
The meeting was attended by representatives of the concerned departments, NGOs, political parties and Mizoram People`s Forum (MPF), a church-sponsored election watch dog.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof