13 polling stations declared sensitive in Mizoram
Aizawl: Thirteen polling stations out of a total of 29 in Chalfilh Assembly constituency, where by-election is scheduled to be held on February 23, have been identified as `sensitive`, an official statement on Tuesday said.
The statement said that North Khawlek, Daido, Vanbawng, North East Tlangnuam, Lamherh, Khawlian-I, Khawlian-II, Suangpuilawn-I, Suangpuilawn-II, Phuaibuang-I, Phuaibuang-II, Zawngin and Luangpawn polling stations were declared by the election department as `sensitive` polling stations.
Meeting of the District Level Standing Committee on Election, chaired by Aizawl District Deputy Commissioner Dr Franklin Laltinkhuma was informed that elavorate arrangements have been made for the by-polls.
The constituency was divided into three sectors and each sector would be supervised by a sectoral magistrate.
The meeting was attended by representatives of the concerned departments, NGOs, political parties and Mizoram People`s Forum (MPF), a church-sponsored election watch dog.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan