13 polling stations declared sensitive in Mizoram
Aizawl: Thirteen polling stations out of a total of 29 in Chalfilh Assembly constituency, where by-election is scheduled to be held on February 23, have been identified as `sensitive`, an official statement on Tuesday said.
The statement said that North Khawlek, Daido, Vanbawng, North East Tlangnuam, Lamherh, Khawlian-I, Khawlian-II, Suangpuilawn-I, Suangpuilawn-II, Phuaibuang-I, Phuaibuang-II, Zawngin and Luangpawn polling stations were declared by the election department as `sensitive` polling stations.
Meeting of the District Level Standing Committee on Election, chaired by Aizawl District Deputy Commissioner Dr Franklin Laltinkhuma was informed that elavorate arrangements have been made for the by-polls.
The constituency was divided into three sectors and each sector would be supervised by a sectoral magistrate.
The meeting was attended by representatives of the concerned departments, NGOs, political parties and Mizoram People`s Forum (MPF), a church-sponsored election watch dog.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder