15,000 more families to be brought under NLUP: Mizoram Guv
Aizawl: Mizoram Governor Vakkom Purushothaman on Tuesday said that the state government has submitted a proposal to include additional 15,000 families as beneficiaries under the government`s flagship New Land Use Policy (NLUP) during 2013-14 after covering 1.2 lakh families.
In his customary gubernatorial address to the state Assembly on the first day of the budget session, Purushothaman said that the implementation of the NLUP made "good progress".
"Out of the target of 1.2 lakh families, 96,139 families were given financial assistance during 2010-11 and 2011-12 and was scheduled to cover 1.2 lakh families during 2012-13", he said.
"In view of the increase in the number of eligible families after the household survey of 2009, a proposal has also been submitted to the Planning Commission for additional 15,000 beneficiaries in addition to the original target of 1.2 lakh families," he said.
In order to strengthen sustainability of the various projects under NLUP, an initiative was also taken to explore technical and supplementary funding support from the UN`s FAO and its global partner, the University of Minnesota, he said.
Planning Commission has so far released Rs 838.82 crore exclusively for the NLUP in addition to the fund flow of Rs 246.38 crore from CSS under the Convergence Plan, he said.
Due to the enhanced allocation of fund under NLUP, allocation under RKVY (Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana) has also gone up from 30.36 crore in 2011-12 to Rs 200.91 crore during 2012-13, he said.
The governor congratulated the people for maintaining peace in the state, adding that maintaining peace and tranquility, securing the safety of the citizens and affecting progress and development in all fields was one of the top priorities of the government.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement