17 grenades seized in Manipur
Imphal: Seventeen powerful grenades have been recovered from two insurgents of banned People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK) in Imphal East district, police said on Thursday.
The insurgents were identified as Gurumayum Padmakumar Sharma and Brahamacharimayum Kiran Sharma.
Following a tip-off, commandos attached to Imphal East district police and Assam Rifles personnel, launched a frisking operation at Yaingangpokpi area under Heingang police station yesterday.
The two insurgents were nabbed and the grenades and `monetary demand letters` were seized from them, the police said.
The police suspect that the grenades were meant to target security and police personnel and attack those persons who refused to comply with their monetary demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you