17 grenades seized in Manipur
Imphal: Seventeen powerful grenades have been recovered from two insurgents of banned People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK) in Imphal East district, police said on Thursday.
The insurgents were identified as Gurumayum Padmakumar Sharma and Brahamacharimayum Kiran Sharma.
Following a tip-off, commandos attached to Imphal East district police and Assam Rifles personnel, launched a frisking operation at Yaingangpokpi area under Heingang police station yesterday.
The two insurgents were nabbed and the grenades and `monetary demand letters` were seized from them, the police said.
The police suspect that the grenades were meant to target security and police personnel and attack those persons who refused to comply with their monetary demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone