17 grenades seized in Manipur
Imphal: Seventeen powerful grenades have been recovered from two insurgents of banned People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK) in Imphal East district, police said on Thursday.
The insurgents were identified as Gurumayum Padmakumar Sharma and Brahamacharimayum Kiran Sharma.
Following a tip-off, commandos attached to Imphal East district police and Assam Rifles personnel, launched a frisking operation at Yaingangpokpi area under Heingang police station yesterday.
The two insurgents were nabbed and the grenades and `monetary demand letters` were seized from them, the police said.
The police suspect that the grenades were meant to target security and police personnel and attack those persons who refused to comply with their monetary demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city