17 grenades seized in Manipur
Imphal: Seventeen powerful grenades have been recovered from two insurgents of banned People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK) in Imphal East district, police said on Thursday.
The insurgents were identified as Gurumayum Padmakumar Sharma and Brahamacharimayum Kiran Sharma.
Following a tip-off, commandos attached to Imphal East district police and Assam Rifles personnel, launched a frisking operation at Yaingangpokpi area under Heingang police station yesterday.
The two insurgents were nabbed and the grenades and `monetary demand letters` were seized from them, the police said.
The police suspect that the grenades were meant to target security and police personnel and attack those persons who refused to comply with their monetary demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Shock waves across Chennai as another person hacked to death in Nandanam area
- Deepika Padukone has a 'teddy bear' in Hollywood! Who is he?
- NSG collapse Modi Govt's "biggest foreign policy failure'', says JDU
- Premier League: Clubs hope transfers don't take Brexit pounding
- From Modi to Obama, know which smartphones are used by top world leaders