17 grenades seized in Manipur
Imphal: Seventeen powerful grenades have been recovered from two insurgents of banned People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK) in Imphal East district, police said on Thursday.
The insurgents were identified as Gurumayum Padmakumar Sharma and Brahamacharimayum Kiran Sharma.
Following a tip-off, commandos attached to Imphal East district police and Assam Rifles personnel, launched a frisking operation at Yaingangpokpi area under Heingang police station yesterday.
The two insurgents were nabbed and the grenades and `monetary demand letters` were seized from them, the police said.
The police suspect that the grenades were meant to target security and police personnel and attack those persons who refused to comply with their monetary demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight