18 killed, 17 injured in mishap
Aizawl: At least 18 people were killed and 17 others injured when a bus fell into a deep gorge after being hit by a massive landslide near Keifang village, about 100 km east of Aizawl in the wee hours on Saturday.
Seventeen bodies were recovered and one injured person succumbed to injuries while being taken to nearby Saitual rural hospital after the bus met with the mishap at around 12.45 AM, police said.
Among the dead, nine persons, including two non-tribals, have been identified.
Aizawl Superintendent of Police L R Dingliana Sailo said that except for two persons, all the other injured persons have been sent to Aizawl Civil Hospital for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Watch: This guy convinces girls to get pictures clicked with him – know how