18 killed, 17 injured in mishap
Aizawl: At least 18 people were killed and 17 others injured when a bus fell into a deep gorge after being hit by a massive landslide near Keifang village, about 100 km east of Aizawl in the wee hours on Saturday.
Seventeen bodies were recovered and one injured person succumbed to injuries while being taken to nearby Saitual rural hospital after the bus met with the mishap at around 12.45 AM, police said.
Among the dead, nine persons, including two non-tribals, have been identified.
Aizawl Superintendent of Police L R Dingliana Sailo said that except for two persons, all the other injured persons have been sent to Aizawl Civil Hospital for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hillary Clinton slams Donald Trump, says can’t afford to have president who’s in the pocket of gun lobby
- 26-year-old woman gives birth to rare conjoined twins in Mumbai hospital
- UPSC topper Tina Dabi's advice to girl students - Read
- Omar Abdullah rubbishes Mehbooba Mufti's claim, says ''she was aware of security encounter with Wani''
- Mainpuri Dalit couple murder: Akhilesh govt assures speedy justice to victim's kin