2 held in hotelier murder case
Kohima: Dimapur police today claimed to have cracked the murder mystery of a hotelier and arrested two persons allegedly involved in the case.
Dimapur SDPO Relo T Aye said Hotel Raj Valley`s owner Santosh Chetri was shot dead inside his hotel at Purana Bazar, Dimapur, on June 12.
His business partner, Arvind Kumar alias Rinku, had hired a professional killer Boto Sumi to murder Santosh who reportedly ill-treated him, the SDPO said.
On June 12, Rinku and Boto came to Hotel Raj Valley in a car. While Rinku waited in the car, Boto went inside and shot Santosh dead, Aye said.
Rinku was arrested on June 13 and during investigation he confessed to have planned to kill Santosh. The hired killer was then picked up from Thilixu village near Dimapur.
The murder weapon and the vehicle used for the crime belonged to Boto`s friend Johnson who was reportedly a cadre of GPRN/NSCN. He is also a resident of Thilixu village.
The weapon was also recovered, the SDPO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf