2 held in hotelier murder case
Kohima: Dimapur police today claimed to have cracked the murder mystery of a hotelier and arrested two persons allegedly involved in the case.
Dimapur SDPO Relo T Aye said Hotel Raj Valley`s owner Santosh Chetri was shot dead inside his hotel at Purana Bazar, Dimapur, on June 12.
His business partner, Arvind Kumar alias Rinku, had hired a professional killer Boto Sumi to murder Santosh who reportedly ill-treated him, the SDPO said.
On June 12, Rinku and Boto came to Hotel Raj Valley in a car. While Rinku waited in the car, Boto went inside and shot Santosh dead, Aye said.
Rinku was arrested on June 13 and during investigation he confessed to have planned to kill Santosh. The hired killer was then picked up from Thilixu village near Dimapur.
The murder weapon and the vehicle used for the crime belonged to Boto`s friend Johnson who was reportedly a cadre of GPRN/NSCN. He is also a resident of Thilixu village.
The weapon was also recovered, the SDPO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore