2 held in hotelier murder case
Kohima: Dimapur police today claimed to have cracked the murder mystery of a hotelier and arrested two persons allegedly involved in the case.
Dimapur SDPO Relo T Aye said Hotel Raj Valley`s owner Santosh Chetri was shot dead inside his hotel at Purana Bazar, Dimapur, on June 12.
His business partner, Arvind Kumar alias Rinku, had hired a professional killer Boto Sumi to murder Santosh who reportedly ill-treated him, the SDPO said.
On June 12, Rinku and Boto came to Hotel Raj Valley in a car. While Rinku waited in the car, Boto went inside and shot Santosh dead, Aye said.
Rinku was arrested on June 13 and during investigation he confessed to have planned to kill Santosh. The hired killer was then picked up from Thilixu village near Dimapur.
The murder weapon and the vehicle used for the crime belonged to Boto`s friend Johnson who was reportedly a cadre of GPRN/NSCN. He is also a resident of Thilixu village.
The weapon was also recovered, the SDPO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!