2 held in hotelier murder case
Kohima: Dimapur police today claimed to have cracked the murder mystery of a hotelier and arrested two persons allegedly involved in the case.
Dimapur SDPO Relo T Aye said Hotel Raj Valley`s owner Santosh Chetri was shot dead inside his hotel at Purana Bazar, Dimapur, on June 12.
His business partner, Arvind Kumar alias Rinku, had hired a professional killer Boto Sumi to murder Santosh who reportedly ill-treated him, the SDPO said.
On June 12, Rinku and Boto came to Hotel Raj Valley in a car. While Rinku waited in the car, Boto went inside and shot Santosh dead, Aye said.
Rinku was arrested on June 13 and during investigation he confessed to have planned to kill Santosh. The hired killer was then picked up from Thilixu village near Dimapur.
The murder weapon and the vehicle used for the crime belonged to Boto`s friend Johnson who was reportedly a cadre of GPRN/NSCN. He is also a resident of Thilixu village.
The weapon was also recovered, the SDPO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday