2 poachers killed in Kaziranaga National Park
Kaziranga: 2 poachers were killed in an encounter with forest guards inside Kaziranga National Park Monday morning, KNP authorities said.
The two were killed during an exchange of fire between KNP forest guards and 4 poachers at Agratoli range at around 5 am today, Park director Surajit Kumar Dutta said.
The other two managed to make good their escape.
The KNP authorities had launched a combing operation last night following information about the presence of poachers inside the park, he said.
There were, however, no causualties among the animals in the park, famous for its one-horned rhinos.
Later, a 303 rifle and a bag of ammunition were recovered from the slain poachers and the police have launched a search outside the KNP premises to apprehend the two who escaped, Dutta added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting begins - Who will win BJP or Shiv Sena?
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena marches ahead in BMC, but BJP gains lead in Pune