2 poachers killed in Kaziranaga National Park
Kaziranga: 2 poachers were killed in an encounter with forest guards inside Kaziranga National Park Monday morning, KNP authorities said.
The two were killed during an exchange of fire between KNP forest guards and 4 poachers at Agratoli range at around 5 am today, Park director Surajit Kumar Dutta said.
The other two managed to make good their escape.
The KNP authorities had launched a combing operation last night following information about the presence of poachers inside the park, he said.
There were, however, no causualties among the animals in the park, famous for its one-horned rhinos.
Later, a 303 rifle and a bag of ammunition were recovered from the slain poachers and the police have launched a search outside the KNP premises to apprehend the two who escaped, Dutta added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress to hold legislature party meeting in Puducherry today, decision on CM candidate likely
- VHP president Praveen Togadia visits Bajrang Dal's 'self-defence' camp in Noida, defends arms training of activists
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! Not just AB de Villiers but wife Danielle too is multitalented
- Check rajresults.nic.in, rajeduboard.nic.in for Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12 (Arts) Examination Results 2016 to be declared after 3 pm on May 28
- Mass rape video shocks Brazil as teen girl drugged, gang-raped by over 30 men in Rio