2 poachers killed in Kaziranaga National Park
Kaziranga: 2 poachers were killed in an encounter with forest guards inside Kaziranga National Park Monday morning, KNP authorities said.
The two were killed during an exchange of fire between KNP forest guards and 4 poachers at Agratoli range at around 5 am today, Park director Surajit Kumar Dutta said.
The other two managed to make good their escape.
The KNP authorities had launched a combing operation last night following information about the presence of poachers inside the park, he said.
There were, however, no causualties among the animals in the park, famous for its one-horned rhinos.
Later, a 303 rifle and a bag of ammunition were recovered from the slain poachers and the police have launched a search outside the KNP premises to apprehend the two who escaped, Dutta added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman