2 poachers killed in Kaziranaga National Park
Kaziranga: 2 poachers were killed in an encounter with forest guards inside Kaziranga National Park Monday morning, KNP authorities said.
The two were killed during an exchange of fire between KNP forest guards and 4 poachers at Agratoli range at around 5 am today, Park director Surajit Kumar Dutta said.
The other two managed to make good their escape.
The KNP authorities had launched a combing operation last night following information about the presence of poachers inside the park, he said.
There were, however, no causualties among the animals in the park, famous for its one-horned rhinos.
Later, a 303 rifle and a bag of ammunition were recovered from the slain poachers and the police have launched a search outside the KNP premises to apprehend the two who escaped, Dutta added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees