20 seats to witness straight contest in Nagaland polls
Kohima: One third of the Assembly constituencies in Nagaland, which is going to the polls on February 23, will witness a straight contest.
Nagaland has 60 Assembly constituencies and in 20 constituencies there will be a straight contest between only two candidates.
Even for the rest 40 seats there are 148 candidates as there are a total of 188 candidates in the electoral fray for the 60 member Nagaland Assembly.
The maximum number of candidates contesting from a constituency are six. Both Sanis and Bhandari Assembly constituencies under Wokha district have six candidates each.
While in other constituencies there are less then six candidates in the electoral fray.
The Assembly constituency which has the largest number of electorate is Ghanpani- I which has 58,269 voters, while the constituency with the minimum number of voters is Mokokchung town with 5,788 people in the electoral rolls.
The assembly constituency which has the largest area is Tenning under Peren district.
A total of around 2600 Electronic voting machines EVMs will be used in the February 23 state Assembly polls and the state has 11,93,438 electorate out of which male accounts for 6,03,933 while the rest 5,89,505 are female.
Nagaland will go to poll on February 23 while campaigning in all forms will come to an end this evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!