29 militants lay down arms in Manipur
Imphal: Altogether 29 militants of
different outfits on Wednesday laid down arms before authorities in
The militants surrendered before the General Officer
Commanding (GOC) 57 Mountain Division Maj Gen Binoy Poonen and
ADGP V Zathang of Manipur Police, a Defence release said.
The surrendered militants include 13 of NSCN and two
cadres of United National Liberation Front, the release said.
Speaking on the occasion, Poonen and Zathang welcomed
the surrendered militants who wanted to join the national
About 80 different types of arms including pistols with
several rounds of ammunition were also handed over to the
authorities by the surrendered militants, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey