29 militants lay down arms in Manipur
Imphal: Altogether 29 militants of
different outfits on Wednesday laid down arms before authorities in
The militants surrendered before the General Officer
Commanding (GOC) 57 Mountain Division Maj Gen Binoy Poonen and
ADGP V Zathang of Manipur Police, a Defence release said.
The surrendered militants include 13 of NSCN and two
cadres of United National Liberation Front, the release said.
Speaking on the occasion, Poonen and Zathang welcomed
the surrendered militants who wanted to join the national
About 80 different types of arms including pistols with
several rounds of ammunition were also handed over to the
authorities by the surrendered militants, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'