29 militants lay down arms in Manipur
Imphal: Altogether 29 militants of
different outfits on Wednesday laid down arms before authorities in
The militants surrendered before the General Officer
Commanding (GOC) 57 Mountain Division Maj Gen Binoy Poonen and
ADGP V Zathang of Manipur Police, a Defence release said.
The surrendered militants include 13 of NSCN and two
cadres of United National Liberation Front, the release said.
Speaking on the occasion, Poonen and Zathang welcomed
the surrendered militants who wanted to join the national
About 80 different types of arms including pistols with
several rounds of ammunition were also handed over to the
authorities by the surrendered militants, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical