29 militants lay down arms in Manipur
Imphal: Altogether 29 militants of
different outfits on Wednesday laid down arms before authorities in
The militants surrendered before the General Officer
Commanding (GOC) 57 Mountain Division Maj Gen Binoy Poonen and
ADGP V Zathang of Manipur Police, a Defence release said.
The surrendered militants include 13 of NSCN and two
cadres of United National Liberation Front, the release said.
Speaking on the occasion, Poonen and Zathang welcomed
the surrendered militants who wanted to join the national
About 80 different types of arms including pistols with
several rounds of ammunition were also handed over to the
authorities by the surrendered militants, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister