29 militants lay down arms in Manipur
Imphal: Altogether 29 militants of
different outfits on Wednesday laid down arms before authorities in
The militants surrendered before the General Officer
Commanding (GOC) 57 Mountain Division Maj Gen Binoy Poonen and
ADGP V Zathang of Manipur Police, a Defence release said.
The surrendered militants include 13 of NSCN and two
cadres of United National Liberation Front, the release said.
Speaking on the occasion, Poonen and Zathang welcomed
the surrendered militants who wanted to join the national
About 80 different types of arms including pistols with
several rounds of ammunition were also handed over to the
authorities by the surrendered militants, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal