3 boys kidnapped for recruitment in militant group
Imphal: Three teen-aged boys were reportedly recruited in the ranks of a militant outfit in Manipur and their mothers appealed to the outfit to release them safely.
Parents of the boys alleged that the three 15-year-olds were taken away from Sairemkhul village under Lamsang police station in Imphal West district by a militant outfit during their absence yesterday.
The three -- Ch Ajoynao, S Naothoibi and S Suran -- were taken away by the outfit for recruiting them, the parents said and urged the kidnappers to release their sons.
Lamsang police station said they have received a complaint regarding this they were investigating into the matter.
However, the sources said, it could not be confirmed whether the boys were kidnapped or they went on their own.
Local residents had staged a sit-in protest yesterday demanding safe release of the boys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling