3 boys kidnapped for recruitment in militant group
Imphal: Three teen-aged boys were reportedly recruited in the ranks of a militant outfit in Manipur and their mothers appealed to the outfit to release them safely.
Parents of the boys alleged that the three 15-year-olds were taken away from Sairemkhul village under Lamsang police station in Imphal West district by a militant outfit during their absence yesterday.
The three -- Ch Ajoynao, S Naothoibi and S Suran -- were taken away by the outfit for recruiting them, the parents said and urged the kidnappers to release their sons.
Lamsang police station said they have received a complaint regarding this they were investigating into the matter.
However, the sources said, it could not be confirmed whether the boys were kidnapped or they went on their own.
Local residents had staged a sit-in protest yesterday demanding safe release of the boys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement