3 districts flooded in Arunachal, CM sounds red alert
Itanagar: Incessant rains in the past few days have caused flood in at least three districts of Arunachal Pradesh, with Chief Minister Nabam Tuki sounding a red alert across the state.
Expressing concern over reports of floods in districts of Lower Dibang Valley, Changlang and the worst affected Lohit, Tuki asked the district administrations to take appropriate steps to mitigate the sufferings of the people.
The chief minister, who is now in Delhi, directed constitution of disaster management and mitigation cells in the districts to monitor the situation and launch rescue and relief operations, official sources said today.
Lohit district, which had witnessed unprecedented monsoon in July, is experiencing heavy rains again for the last four days putting normal life out of gear and cutting off its headquarters Tezu from the rest of the country.
The road between Tezu and Anjaw has been heavily damaged at four places and restoration works were disrupted due to the continuous downpour, the sources said.
Road link between Tezu and Tinsukia in Assam via Parsuram Kund and Alubari too remained cut off since Tuesday.
The water level of all major rivers -- Lohit, Kamlang, Noa Dehing -- and their tributaries are in spate.
Water has entered many houses at Alubari including that of the local MLA and a school. Water is reportedly flowing above the embankment at Dharampur.
The BRO has reported landslides in three locations between Tohangam to the Brahmkund-Parsuram route while supply of water and electricity was disrupted.
As the water of Balijan inundated Sunpura, affected people have been shifted to safer places, sources said, adding, loss of livestock and crops was also reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security