3 in fray for Manipur bye-election
Imphal: Three condidates have filed
nomination papers for the February 14 bye-election to
Konthoujam assembly constituency in Manipur`s Imphal West
district, election office sources said on Saturday.
The last date for filing nomination papers was
yesterday and the last date for withdrawl of papers was fixed
on Monday next.
The candidates are S. Ranjan (Congress), K. Ranjit
(independent) and K. Sarat Singh (Trinamool Congress), sources
The seat fell vacant due to death of former assembly
Speaker and Congress MLA S. Budhichandra, whose son Ranjan is
contesting as Congress condidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog