3 injured in lathi-charge before Mizoram CM`s office
Aizawl: Three persons, including one policeman were injured Thursday when the cops lathi-charged people for "unlawful assembly" in front of the office of Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla here.
A large number of people gathered in front of the chief minister`s office and sought an appointment with him demanding to know why the proposed recruitment for replacing teachers who left service on Voluntary Retirement Scheme (VRS) was postponed and when the examination would be held, police said.
The protesters were leaders and members of Pre-Service Trained Teachers Association and obstructed chief minister from going out from his office premises, leading the police personnel to lathi-charge them.
In the melee, two civilians and one police official sustained injuries, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'