3 injured in lathi-charge before Mizoram CM`s office
Aizawl: Three persons, including one policeman were injured Thursday when the cops lathi-charged people for "unlawful assembly" in front of the office of Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla here.
A large number of people gathered in front of the chief minister`s office and sought an appointment with him demanding to know why the proposed recruitment for replacing teachers who left service on Voluntary Retirement Scheme (VRS) was postponed and when the examination would be held, police said.
The protesters were leaders and members of Pre-Service Trained Teachers Association and obstructed chief minister from going out from his office premises, leading the police personnel to lathi-charge them.
In the melee, two civilians and one police official sustained injuries, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested