3 injured in lathi-charge before Mizoram CM`s office
Aizawl: Three persons, including one policeman were injured Thursday when the cops lathi-charged people for "unlawful assembly" in front of the office of Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla here.
A large number of people gathered in front of the chief minister`s office and sought an appointment with him demanding to know why the proposed recruitment for replacing teachers who left service on Voluntary Retirement Scheme (VRS) was postponed and when the examination would be held, police said.
The protesters were leaders and members of Pre-Service Trained Teachers Association and obstructed chief minister from going out from his office premises, leading the police personnel to lathi-charge them.
In the melee, two civilians and one police official sustained injuries, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok