3 LS, 23 Assembly contestants file nomination papers
Itanagar: Three Lok Sabha candidates and 23 Assembly contestants have filed their nomination papers for the April 9 simultaneous polls in Arunachal Pradesh, election office sources said here Friday.
Congress nominee Ninong Ering and BJP candidate Tapir Gao submitted their papers for Arunachal East Lok Sabha constituency while BJP`s Kiren Rijiju filed nomination papers for Arunachal West LS constituency yesterday.
Of the 23 nominations filed yesterday, 15 were from Congress, six from BJP and one each from NCP and People`s Party of Arunachal (PPA).
The Congress nominees included former chief minister Jarbom Gamlin who is contesting from Liromoba constituency.
With this, the number of nomination papers filed for Assembly polls has gone up to 31, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29