3 UALA militants lynched in Meghalaya
Goalpara: Three suspected activists of Meghalaya-based United A`chik Liberation Army (UALA) were lynched in Goalpara district, police said Tuesday.
Officials said the trio were hiding at Khara Majipara village under Dudhnoi police station for some time when they were dragged out by locals and beaten to death last night.
The trio were first confronted by villagers who became suspicious over their movements in the area and thrashed to death once their identities became known.
A police team reached the spot and sent the bodies for post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family