3 ULFA cadre killed in Arunachal encounter
Tinsukia: Security personnel shot
dead three ULFA insurgents in an encounter in neighbouring
Arunachal Pradesh`s Lohit district in the small hours on Thursday,
defence sources said here
On a tip off that a group of ULFA militants were
staying in a house at Migru, the joint team of Arunachal
Pradesh police and troops of the 26 Maratha Regiment cordoned
off the area and launched a search operation.
The extremists fired on the securitymen who retaliated
and the ensuing encounter that started at about 1.30 am lasted
nearly two hours, the sources said.
Three ULFA cadres identified as Kapil Bora, Ramen
Gogoi and Bikash were killed in the encounter.
Two AK-47 rifles, one pistol, a grenade launcher, a
magazine with 25 live cartridges, Rs 42,160 and Myanmar Kyat
worth Rs 1000 in cash were found from the spot, sources said.
Besides, many extortion demand notes signed by ULFA
leader Jiban Moran were recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan