36 houses set afire in Manipur
Imphal: At least 36 houses were set on fire and property worth crores of rupees was destroyed by six unknown persons at Silent village in Imphal East district of Manipur, official sources said on Saturday.
All the 36 houses were burnt down and the household property was destroyed apparently over a land dispute by six men coming from adjacent Saijang village yesterday.
Inhabitants of Silent and Saijang villages belong to two different communities, sources said, adding that security personnel belonging to the 8th Manipur Rifles Battalion were posted there to prevent any untoward incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed