41 Bodo bodies float common platform for peace talks with NDFB
Kokrajhar: A common platform – Bodoland National Conference (BNC) - was formed on Friday in Assam by 41 Bodo organisations to exert pressure on the Centre to hold
talks with the NDFB for peace in the Bodoland area.
The BNC was formed on the concluding day of the two-day `Bodo National Convention` at Kokrajhar with the Bodoland Territorial Administration Districts (BTAD)
Chairman Hagrama Mohilary as its chief.
The BNC was formed primarily to ensure peace and unity in the Bodoland areas and convince the ethnic separatist NDFB anti-talk faction Chairman Ranjan Daimary to come for peace parleys.
Comprising members from 41 local organisations in the BTAD, the new platform would have four convenors, including Mohilary.
The other convenors are BTAD Deputy Chief Kampa Borgiary, NDFB pro-talk faction Secretary B Shankar alias Gobinda Basumatary and Anjali Daimary, Chairperson of Bodo Women`s Justice Forum and sister of Ranjan Daimary.
The NDFB pro-talk faction at the convention yesterday proposed a separate state of Bodoland along with a map comprising nine districts - from Sonkosh to Sadiya, including
the four BTAD districts of Kokrajhar, Baksa, Chirang and Udalguri, besides most areas of the north Assam districts of Sonitpur, Lahimpur, Dhemaji, Tinsukia and Karbi Anglong.
The issue of the map was, however, not discussed at the convention attended by thousands of representatives from 41 Bodo organisations.
The national convention was organised to initiate a united movement and chalk out approach for creation of a separate Bodoland, ensure peace in the BTAD area and bring the NDFB and government together for peace talks.
The convention also deliberated on `conflict among the Bodos and their remedies`, `political issues of the Bodos`, `means for achievement of separate state`, `ST (Hill) status
for the Bodos living in Karbi Anglong and NC Hills` and `educational problems and economic problems` faced by the Bodos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter