41 Bodo bodies float common platform for peace talks with NDFB
Kokrajhar: A common platform – Bodoland National Conference (BNC) - was formed on Friday in Assam by 41 Bodo organisations to exert pressure on the Centre to hold
talks with the NDFB for peace in the Bodoland area.
The BNC was formed on the concluding day of the two-day `Bodo National Convention` at Kokrajhar with the Bodoland Territorial Administration Districts (BTAD)
Chairman Hagrama Mohilary as its chief.
The BNC was formed primarily to ensure peace and unity in the Bodoland areas and convince the ethnic separatist NDFB anti-talk faction Chairman Ranjan Daimary to come for peace parleys.
Comprising members from 41 local organisations in the BTAD, the new platform would have four convenors, including Mohilary.
The other convenors are BTAD Deputy Chief Kampa Borgiary, NDFB pro-talk faction Secretary B Shankar alias Gobinda Basumatary and Anjali Daimary, Chairperson of Bodo Women`s Justice Forum and sister of Ranjan Daimary.
The NDFB pro-talk faction at the convention yesterday proposed a separate state of Bodoland along with a map comprising nine districts - from Sonkosh to Sadiya, including
the four BTAD districts of Kokrajhar, Baksa, Chirang and Udalguri, besides most areas of the north Assam districts of Sonitpur, Lahimpur, Dhemaji, Tinsukia and Karbi Anglong.
The issue of the map was, however, not discussed at the convention attended by thousands of representatives from 41 Bodo organisations.
The national convention was organised to initiate a united movement and chalk out approach for creation of a separate Bodoland, ensure peace in the BTAD area and bring the NDFB and government together for peace talks.
The convention also deliberated on `conflict among the Bodos and their remedies`, `political issues of the Bodos`, `means for achievement of separate state`, `ST (Hill) status
for the Bodos living in Karbi Anglong and NC Hills` and `educational problems and economic problems` faced by the Bodos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery