41 Bodo bodies float common platform for peace talks with NDFB
Kokrajhar: A common platform – Bodoland National Conference (BNC) - was formed on Friday in Assam by 41 Bodo organisations to exert pressure on the Centre to hold
talks with the NDFB for peace in the Bodoland area.
The BNC was formed on the concluding day of the two-day `Bodo National Convention` at Kokrajhar with the Bodoland Territorial Administration Districts (BTAD)
Chairman Hagrama Mohilary as its chief.
The BNC was formed primarily to ensure peace and unity in the Bodoland areas and convince the ethnic separatist NDFB anti-talk faction Chairman Ranjan Daimary to come for peace parleys.
Comprising members from 41 local organisations in the BTAD, the new platform would have four convenors, including Mohilary.
The other convenors are BTAD Deputy Chief Kampa Borgiary, NDFB pro-talk faction Secretary B Shankar alias Gobinda Basumatary and Anjali Daimary, Chairperson of Bodo Women`s Justice Forum and sister of Ranjan Daimary.
The NDFB pro-talk faction at the convention yesterday proposed a separate state of Bodoland along with a map comprising nine districts - from Sonkosh to Sadiya, including
the four BTAD districts of Kokrajhar, Baksa, Chirang and Udalguri, besides most areas of the north Assam districts of Sonitpur, Lahimpur, Dhemaji, Tinsukia and Karbi Anglong.
The issue of the map was, however, not discussed at the convention attended by thousands of representatives from 41 Bodo organisations.
The national convention was organised to initiate a united movement and chalk out approach for creation of a separate Bodoland, ensure peace in the BTAD area and bring the NDFB and government together for peace talks.
The convention also deliberated on `conflict among the Bodos and their remedies`, `political issues of the Bodos`, `means for achievement of separate state`, `ST (Hill) status
for the Bodos living in Karbi Anglong and NC Hills` and `educational problems and economic problems` faced by the Bodos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared