430 HIV/AIDS cases detected in Meghalaya since 2006
Shillong: A total of 430 HIV positive
cases have been detected in Meghalaya between November 2006
till February this year.
Of this, 208 are males, 206 females and 16 children ?
born of infected parents, Meghalaya AIDs Control Society
(MACS) project director Dr A Jyrwa told an interactive session
here last night.
She said 187 HIV positive people were being treated
and counselled at the Anti Retroviral Centre at the Shillong
Civil Hospital here.
Underscoring the need for people to come forward to
undergo voluntary tests, she said HIV/AIDS positive people
should be aware of their condition.
"If they are aware of their condition, they can
prevent the spread of the virus and support care and
treatment," Jyrwa said.
She said Integrated Counseling and Testing Centres
have been set up in nine government hospitals in the state and
in three private hospitals under Public Private Partnership
As part of its convergence programme, the MACS has
identified 11 public health centres where at least one nurse
would be trained as a counsellor and one technician trained to
conduct laboratory tests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?