45 fall ill in Tripura after eating `prasad`
Forty-five people were taken ill and admitted to hospitals after eating `prasad` (sacrament) in Tripura Monday night.
Agartala: Forty-five people were taken ill and admitted to hospitals after eating `prasad` (sacrament) in Tripura Monday night.
The condition of 15 people is critical, an official said here Tuesday.
"A total of 45 people, including children and women, were taken ill after eating `prasad` at a religious function in Kanchanpur in northern Tripura. Out of them, the condition of 15 people is serious. The sick people were admitted to hospitals," a health department spokesperson told reporters here.
Two medical teams were also rushed to the Kanchanpur village, 185 km north of here, for providing medical support.
According to doctors, the illness was caused by food poisoning.
A sample of the `prasad` has been collected for testing.
"If necessary, the health department would organise health camps for the ailing people in Kanchanpur," the official said.