45 fall ill in Tripura after eating `prasad`
Agartala: Forty-five people were taken ill and admitted to hospitals after eating `prasad` (sacrament) in Tripura Monday night.
The condition of 15 people is critical, an official said here Tuesday.
"A total of 45 people, including children and women, were taken ill after eating `prasad` at a religious function in Kanchanpur in northern Tripura. Out of them, the condition of 15 people is serious. The sick people were admitted to hospitals," a health department spokesperson told reporters here.
Two medical teams were also rushed to the Kanchanpur village, 185 km north of here, for providing medical support.
According to doctors, the illness was caused by food poisoning.
A sample of the `prasad` has been collected for testing.
"If necessary, the health department would organise health camps for the ailing people in Kanchanpur," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi