45 fall ill in Tripura after eating `prasad`
Agartala: Forty-five people were taken ill and admitted to hospitals after eating `prasad` (sacrament) in Tripura Monday night.
The condition of 15 people is critical, an official said here Tuesday.
"A total of 45 people, including children and women, were taken ill after eating `prasad` at a religious function in Kanchanpur in northern Tripura. Out of them, the condition of 15 people is serious. The sick people were admitted to hospitals," a health department spokesperson told reporters here.
Two medical teams were also rushed to the Kanchanpur village, 185 km north of here, for providing medical support.
According to doctors, the illness was caused by food poisoning.
A sample of the `prasad` has been collected for testing.
"If necessary, the health department would organise health camps for the ailing people in Kanchanpur," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Instead of holidaying in Bangkok, Ravi Shastri should have been physically present for high-profile coach interview: Sourav Ganguly
- Freedom 251: Will Ringing Bells ever deliver the Rs 251 smartphone?
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 606—Tanushree's plan to denigrate Pragya ends with a facepalm
- India, Congo's friendly relation to strengthen further: President
- Delhi: Dance instructor commits suicide after strangling suspected lover