45 fall ill in Tripura after eating `prasad`
Agartala: Forty-five people were taken ill and admitted to hospitals after eating `prasad` (sacrament) in Tripura Monday night.
The condition of 15 people is critical, an official said here Tuesday.
"A total of 45 people, including children and women, were taken ill after eating `prasad` at a religious function in Kanchanpur in northern Tripura. Out of them, the condition of 15 people is serious. The sick people were admitted to hospitals," a health department spokesperson told reporters here.
Two medical teams were also rushed to the Kanchanpur village, 185 km north of here, for providing medical support.
According to doctors, the illness was caused by food poisoning.
A sample of the `prasad` has been collected for testing.
"If necessary, the health department would organise health camps for the ailing people in Kanchanpur," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Guru Granth Sahib desecration in Faridkot: Provide information, get Rs 10 lakh from CBI - Here are details
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be announced soon
- Check Mahresults.nic.in for HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board, MSBSHSE class 12th XII Exam Results 2016
- In this temple, people worship a Royal Enfield Bullet – Here’s why
- Here comes a smarter search engine than Google!