47 Nagaland candidates lose security deposit
Kohima: A total of 47 candidates, including two sitting MLAs, lost their security deposits in the just concluded Nagaland Assembly election.
A candidate losses the security deposit when he/she fails to bag at least one-sixth of the total valid votes polled in the constituency.
Details of the results showed that 15 candidates of the Congress, 14 Independents, 8 nominees each of BJP and NCP and one contestants each of NPF and RJD lost their security deposit, Rs 5000 for each candidate.
Sitting MLAs -- I Imkong of Congress and Er. W. Kithan of NPF -- had their security deposit forfeited from Janpetkong Chandari constituencies respectively.
Another big name in state politics Neiba Ndang, two-time Speaker and NCP state president, also lost his deposit from Tenning.
B Phonsak, independent candidate from Tamlu, got the lowest number of votes --17.
Other candidates who bagged only double digit votes are Sajukha Rengma (NCP - 23) and T Sebu (RJD - 33), both from Tseminyu seat, Yanpansao Lotha (Ind - 29) from Bhandari, Ye-eih Konyak (NCP - 88) and MM Thromwa Konyak (BJP - 92) in Tehok and Lengkong (BJP - 81) from Seyochung Sitimi seat.
Of the two women contestants, Independent candidate Dr Yangerla lost her deposit from Mokokchung Town constituency.
The other women candidate, BJP`s Rakhila Lakiumong from Tuensang Sadar-II seat, however, saved her deposit though she secured the third place.
- How Twitter can help prevent asthma-related hospitalisation!
- Enrica Lexie case: Italy cites UN tribunal ruling, seeks Italian marine's release; India differs
- Vijay Mallya cries foul, says not given fair trial
- BJP TN chief receives 'threat' message
- Shocking! Water tankers meant for people being sold to businessmen for profit in drought-hit Maharashtra's Beed