47 Nagaland candidates lose security deposit
Kohima: A total of 47 candidates, including two sitting MLAs, lost their security deposits in the just concluded Nagaland Assembly election.
A candidate losses the security deposit when he/she fails to bag at least one-sixth of the total valid votes polled in the constituency.
Details of the results showed that 15 candidates of the Congress, 14 Independents, 8 nominees each of BJP and NCP and one contestants each of NPF and RJD lost their security deposit, Rs 5000 for each candidate.
Sitting MLAs -- I Imkong of Congress and Er. W. Kithan of NPF -- had their security deposit forfeited from Janpetkong Chandari constituencies respectively.
Another big name in state politics Neiba Ndang, two-time Speaker and NCP state president, also lost his deposit from Tenning.
B Phonsak, independent candidate from Tamlu, got the lowest number of votes --17.
Other candidates who bagged only double digit votes are Sajukha Rengma (NCP - 23) and T Sebu (RJD - 33), both from Tseminyu seat, Yanpansao Lotha (Ind - 29) from Bhandari, Ye-eih Konyak (NCP - 88) and MM Thromwa Konyak (BJP - 92) in Tehok and Lengkong (BJP - 81) from Seyochung Sitimi seat.
Of the two women contestants, Independent candidate Dr Yangerla lost her deposit from Mokokchung Town constituency.
The other women candidate, BJP`s Rakhila Lakiumong from Tuensang Sadar-II seat, however, saved her deposit though she secured the third place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?