5 militants arrested during search operation
Imphal: Five militants of banned Kangleipak Communist Party-Pakhanglakpa (KCP-P) faction were arrested during search operations in different parts of Imphal East district of Manipur, police said Thursday.
On a tip off about armed ultra movement, police commandos launched search operations in different parts of the district and nabbed five militants identified as L Jadumani, L Dhanabir, Oinam Jiban, Kh Ibungobi and S Bheigyabati yesterday.
Documents and letters demanding money from officials and business persons and five mobile handsets were recovered from their possession, they said.
In another search operation after the interrogation of an arrested militant, police recovered seven hand grenades, five cakes of RDX and some other materials from an interior area in Bishenpur district last evening.
The weapons were meant to attack security personnel.
Meanwhile, a high-level security meeting presided over state Chief Secretary D S Poonia last evening discussed the law and order situation, official sources said.
The meeting assumed significance in view of the frequent planting of bombs by militants to attack security personnel in the past few months, sources said. Five persons including two jawans and two students were injured when a bomb exploded in Imphal West district of the state yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'