5 militants arrested during search operation
Imphal: Five militants of banned Kangleipak Communist Party-Pakhanglakpa (KCP-P) faction were arrested during search operations in different parts of Imphal East district of Manipur, police said Thursday.
On a tip off about armed ultra movement, police commandos launched search operations in different parts of the district and nabbed five militants identified as L Jadumani, L Dhanabir, Oinam Jiban, Kh Ibungobi and S Bheigyabati yesterday.
Documents and letters demanding money from officials and business persons and five mobile handsets were recovered from their possession, they said.
In another search operation after the interrogation of an arrested militant, police recovered seven hand grenades, five cakes of RDX and some other materials from an interior area in Bishenpur district last evening.
The weapons were meant to attack security personnel.
Meanwhile, a high-level security meeting presided over state Chief Secretary D S Poonia last evening discussed the law and order situation, official sources said.
The meeting assumed significance in view of the frequent planting of bombs by militants to attack security personnel in the past few months, sources said. Five persons including two jawans and two students were injured when a bomb exploded in Imphal West district of the state yesterday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read