50 injured in road accident
Rangiya: At least 50 persons have been injured, several of them seriously, when a bus skidded off the National Highway 31 at Puthimari in lower Assam`s Kamrup (Rural) district on Tuesday.
Police said the accident occurred around 11 am when the driver of the bus lost control while trying to avoid a car coming from the opposite direction. The bus was on its way from Nalbari to Guwahati.
Among the injured, six have been shifted to the Guwahati Medical College for treatment, while others have been admitted to nearby hospitals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list