50th anniversary of Tripura Assembly in July
Agartala: Seminar, symposium, photo exhibition and several other programmes would be organised to mark the 50th anniversary of Tripura Assembly, Deputy Speaker Pabitra Kar said on Sunday.
"A special one-day session of the Assembly would be convened on July 1 and on the same day a photo exhibition would be started in the premises of the Assembly," Kar told reporters here.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar would be the Chief Guest at a seminar in August which would discuss and highlight the transition of Tripura from princely state to a democratic government.
Princely Tripura merged with Indian union in October 1949 by signing an instrument of merger as an Union Territory.
In 1963 the territorial council was upgraded to a 30-member Assembly. Tripura attained full-fledged statehood in 1972 and the Assembly was converted to a 60-member one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi