50th anniversary of Tripura Assembly in July
Agartala: Seminar, symposium, photo exhibition and several other programmes would be organised to mark the 50th anniversary of Tripura Assembly, Deputy Speaker Pabitra Kar said on Sunday.
"A special one-day session of the Assembly would be convened on July 1 and on the same day a photo exhibition would be started in the premises of the Assembly," Kar told reporters here.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar would be the Chief Guest at a seminar in August which would discuss and highlight the transition of Tripura from princely state to a democratic government.
Princely Tripura merged with Indian union in October 1949 by signing an instrument of merger as an Union Territory.
In 1963 the territorial council was upgraded to a 30-member Assembly. Tripura attained full-fledged statehood in 1972 and the Assembly was converted to a 60-member one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail