50th anniversary of Tripura Assembly in July
Agartala: Seminar, symposium, photo exhibition and several other programmes would be organised to mark the 50th anniversary of Tripura Assembly, Deputy Speaker Pabitra Kar said on Sunday.
"A special one-day session of the Assembly would be convened on July 1 and on the same day a photo exhibition would be started in the premises of the Assembly," Kar told reporters here.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar would be the Chief Guest at a seminar in August which would discuss and highlight the transition of Tripura from princely state to a democratic government.
Princely Tripura merged with Indian union in October 1949 by signing an instrument of merger as an Union Territory.
In 1963 the territorial council was upgraded to a 30-member Assembly. Tripura attained full-fledged statehood in 1972 and the Assembly was converted to a 60-member one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview