57 militants surrender before Manipur CM
Imphal: 57 militants of different outfits
surrendered in the presence of Manipur Chief Minister O Ibobi
Singh on Thursday, official sources said.
Sources said that cadre of 10 main militant outfits gave
themselves up before Singh at the Mantripukhri Inspector
General AR South complex this afternoon.
They operated for PLA, UNLF, Prepak, KYKL, PULF, KNLF,
NSCN (K), UKLF, PRA and KCP.
DGP of Manipur Police Y Joykumar Singh and IG Assam
Rifles South Maj General Gurung were present.
A Shillong report earlier said, quoting an AR release
that, the surrendered ultras laid down arms and ammunition.
The surrendered ultras also included some factional
The Shillong report also gave the break-up number of
surrendered cadre - UNLF- 5, PULF (AZAD) - 15, PULF (UF) - 2,
PULF (MI KHAN) - 1, KCP (MTF) - 1, PREPAK (VC) - 2, PREPAK -
6, KCP (CITY MEITEI) - 1, KCP- 2, KCP (TABONGIA) - 1, PREPAK
(PRO) - 1, PRA - 1, PLA - 6, KNLF- 6, KYKL - 4, UTLA- 2,
The surrendered ultras and their family members
thanked the Assam Rifles for giving them the opportunity to
join the mainstream, the release said.
Congratulating the surrendered ultras for taking the
decision to come over ground for peace, the CM applauded
the role of the Assam Rifles in facilitating the surrender and
helping the misguided youth of Manipur through various
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur