57 militants surrender before Manipur CM
Imphal: 57 militants of different outfits
surrendered in the presence of Manipur Chief Minister O Ibobi
Singh on Thursday, official sources said.
Sources said that cadre of 10 main militant outfits gave
themselves up before Singh at the Mantripukhri Inspector
General AR South complex this afternoon.
They operated for PLA, UNLF, Prepak, KYKL, PULF, KNLF,
NSCN (K), UKLF, PRA and KCP.
DGP of Manipur Police Y Joykumar Singh and IG Assam
Rifles South Maj General Gurung were present.
A Shillong report earlier said, quoting an AR release
that, the surrendered ultras laid down arms and ammunition.
The surrendered ultras also included some factional
The Shillong report also gave the break-up number of
surrendered cadre - UNLF- 5, PULF (AZAD) - 15, PULF (UF) - 2,
PULF (MI KHAN) - 1, KCP (MTF) - 1, PREPAK (VC) - 2, PREPAK -
6, KCP (CITY MEITEI) - 1, KCP- 2, KCP (TABONGIA) - 1, PREPAK
(PRO) - 1, PRA - 1, PLA - 6, KNLF- 6, KYKL - 4, UTLA- 2,
The surrendered ultras and their family members
thanked the Assam Rifles for giving them the opportunity to
join the mainstream, the release said.
Congratulating the surrendered ultras for taking the
decision to come over ground for peace, the CM applauded
the role of the Assam Rifles in facilitating the surrender and
helping the misguided youth of Manipur through various
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read