76.96% polling in Arunachal Pradesh: CEO
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh recorded 76.96 percent polling in the recently concluded parliamentary elections with the female electorates outnumbering their male counterparts by over four percent, Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) CB Kumar said here on Tuesday.
"After compilation of reports received from all the districts, the state scripted 76.96 percent polling in the recently concluded parliamentary polls with 79.16 percent voting by female electors in comparison to 74.75 percent by male voters," Kumar said in a statement.
Voting for the parliamentary election in the state was held on April 9 along with the state assembly polls.
In Arunachal West constituency, the voting was 73.39 percent out of which 75.35 percent consists of female and 71.36 percent male voters, while in Arunachal East constituency, the polling percentage was 82.04 (84.83 percent female and 79.39 male).
In 49 assembly constituencies out of total 60, where polling was held for assembly polls, the polling percentage recorded was 78.37 percent out of which 81.29 percent were females against 75.50 percent male voters.
Khonsa West Assembly constituency with 90.63 percent voters turn up topped the list, whereas Itanagar with 54.68 percent polling was at the bottom.
Altogether, four constituencies recorded more than 90 percent voting, the statement said.
All but one assembly constituency witnessed more than 70 percent voting during this election.
In 2009 assembly polls, the final turn up was scripted at 79.50 percent, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days