76.96% polling in Arunachal Pradesh: CEO
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh recorded 76.96 percent polling in the recently concluded parliamentary elections with the female electorates outnumbering their male counterparts by over four percent, Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) CB Kumar said here on Tuesday.
"After compilation of reports received from all the districts, the state scripted 76.96 percent polling in the recently concluded parliamentary polls with 79.16 percent voting by female electors in comparison to 74.75 percent by male voters," Kumar said in a statement.
Voting for the parliamentary election in the state was held on April 9 along with the state assembly polls.
In Arunachal West constituency, the voting was 73.39 percent out of which 75.35 percent consists of female and 71.36 percent male voters, while in Arunachal East constituency, the polling percentage was 82.04 (84.83 percent female and 79.39 male).
In 49 assembly constituencies out of total 60, where polling was held for assembly polls, the polling percentage recorded was 78.37 percent out of which 81.29 percent were females against 75.50 percent male voters.
Khonsa West Assembly constituency with 90.63 percent voters turn up topped the list, whereas Itanagar with 54.68 percent polling was at the bottom.
Altogether, four constituencies recorded more than 90 percent voting, the statement said.
All but one assembly constituency witnessed more than 70 percent voting during this election.
In 2009 assembly polls, the final turn up was scripted at 79.50 percent, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah