77 % of Arunachal population lives in rural areas
Itanagar: Seventy seven percent of total
population in Arunachal Pradesh lives in rural areas,
according to the 2011 provisional population report which was
released here today.
As per data out of total 13,82,611 current population of
the state 10,69,165 lives in rural areas while 3,13,446 lives
in urban areas of the state.
The report further revealed that the decadal population
growth in the state since 2001 was estimated at 2,84,643 with
1,99,078 recorded in rural areas while in urban areas the
number is 85,565.
The total percentage of decadal population growth is
estimated at 25.92 per cent while in rural areas it is
estimated at 22.88 per cent and in urban areas 37. 55 per cent
Out of the total population the male population in rural
and urban areas are recorded as 5,54,304 and 1,65,928
respectively while the female population in rural areas amount
to 5,14,861 and in urban areas (1,47,518) respectively.
Arunachal Pradesh has also recorded an increase in the
sex ratio with overall 920 females against 1000 males in the
The sex ratio in rural areas was recorded at 929 per 1000
while in the urban areas it is 889 per 1000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan