82 Assam seats recorded very high voter rise: BJP
Guwahati: Claiming that 82 of the 126
assembly constituencies in Assam have registered record
growths of voters than the national average, the BJP on Wednesday
accused the Congress governments of state and Centre of
failing to delete the names of illegal voters from electoral
"The 82 constituencies did have a record voter growth
of seven per cent to 10 per cent against the national average
of 1.67 per cent. Dhekiajuli constituency has 22.5 per cent
growth. This is much more than normal", BJP National General
Secretary Vijay Goel told reporters here.
"How can there be free and fair polls when the
Congress government in the state and the Centre are not
deleting the illegal voters names. In their quest for votes,
they (Congress) are settling land in the name of illegal
Bangladeshi immigrants in the state", alleged Goel, who has
been given charge of the poll-bound state.
"The BJP demands that the elections be held based on a
correct voters list. We will meet the Chief Election
Commissioner before December 31 for deletion of the illegal
migrants names from the voters list. The AGP and AASU should
also take up the issue."
Commenting that political leadership should be on the
side of Assam`s people "and not (on the side of) Bangladesh",
he said BJP`s poll plank in the upcoming hustings would be
"our Assam, our land and our vote" and the party will be
contesting in all the 126 assembly seats.
"We will fight for assam and its people. the BJP wants
to continue its positive brand of politics", Goel added.
Asked if the BJP would have a poll alliance with its
previous partner AGP, he said, "I have told you we are
contesting in all 126 seats".
Accusing the state government of not properly
implementing the land regulation Act 1985, the BJP leader
wanted geo-satellite mapping of land "to avoid land deeds
given to foreigners having illegally entered".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- IRS website hacked by suspected Pakistani hackers, messages like 'Pakistan Zindabad' posted