A woman cadre of Manipur militant group arrested
Imphal: A woman cadre of banned People`s
Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK) was arrested with a
pistol and live ammunition by the police commandos at
Bishnupur in Manipur, sources said on Sunday.
The police said the woman identified as Thounaojam Ongbi
Bhanu alias Remina Devi (36) of Nabol Khongkam Awang Leikai
was arrested yesterday with 10 live rounds of ammunition and a
9 mm pistol.
She was involved in extortion from the government offices
and businessmen in Bishnupur district, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players