AAPSU asks people not to succumb to extortion demand
Itanagar: The All Arunachal Pradesh Students Union (AAPSU) today appealed to the people to stop giving donation or succumbing to the pressure of extortion from any quarter.
AAPSU president Kamta Lapung in a statement said the NSCN factions were thriving on extortions and donations which should be discouraged at all cost as giving or demanding donation was a crime under section 7 and 8 of the Prevention of Corruption Act 1988.
Referring to his recent meeting with Union Home Affairs ministry’s joint secretary (Northeast) Sambhu Singh, Lapung said that the Centre was against the donation or extortion culture which was the reason for NSCN factions to flourish in the state.
Responding to an AAPSU memorandum demanding an end to ongoing turf wars between two factions of NSCN (IM) and Khaplang for area dominance though the ceasefire agreement between the Centre and the NSCN had not been extended to Arunachal Pradesh, Singh had assured all possible steps to improve the law and order situation in insurgency-infested Tirap, Changlang and Longding districts.
Lapung, however, cautioned any organization for its misadventure of seeking donation in the name of AAPSU.
If any complaint is received from any quarter, the union would be forced to act legally with the help of law enforcing agencies", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH