AAPSU asks people not to succumb to extortion demand
Itanagar: The All Arunachal Pradesh Students Union (AAPSU) today appealed to the people to stop giving donation or succumbing to the pressure of extortion from any quarter.
AAPSU president Kamta Lapung in a statement said the NSCN factions were thriving on extortions and donations which should be discouraged at all cost as giving or demanding donation was a crime under section 7 and 8 of the Prevention of Corruption Act 1988.
Referring to his recent meeting with Union Home Affairs ministry’s joint secretary (Northeast) Sambhu Singh, Lapung said that the Centre was against the donation or extortion culture which was the reason for NSCN factions to flourish in the state.
Responding to an AAPSU memorandum demanding an end to ongoing turf wars between two factions of NSCN (IM) and Khaplang for area dominance though the ceasefire agreement between the Centre and the NSCN had not been extended to Arunachal Pradesh, Singh had assured all possible steps to improve the law and order situation in insurgency-infested Tirap, Changlang and Longding districts.
Lapung, however, cautioned any organization for its misadventure of seeking donation in the name of AAPSU.
If any complaint is received from any quarter, the union would be forced to act legally with the help of law enforcing agencies", he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed