AAPSU demands white paper on PDS scam
Itanagar: The All Arunachal Pradesh Students Union (AAPSU) on Thursday asked the state government to publish a white paper on the exact amount of PDS scam in view
of different versions presented by separate quarters.
The white paper was necessary since the Special Investigating Cell, constituted by the Gauhati High Court, had put the figure at Rs 1000 crore, while Lok Sabha MP, Takam
Sanjoy put the amount at much less than Rs 500 crore, AAPSU President Takam Tatung said in a statement here.
On the arrest of former Chief Minister Geong Apang for his alleged involvement in the PDS scam, Tatung urged the government not to target one individual and make sure that all were booked.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader