AAPSU demands white paper on PDS scam
Itanagar: The All Arunachal Pradesh Students Union (AAPSU) on Thursday asked the state government to publish a white paper on the exact amount of PDS scam in view
of different versions presented by separate quarters.
The white paper was necessary since the Special Investigating Cell, constituted by the Gauhati High Court, had put the figure at Rs 1000 crore, while Lok Sabha MP, Takam
Sanjoy put the amount at much less than Rs 500 crore, AAPSU President Takam Tatung said in a statement here.
On the arrest of former Chief Minister Geong Apang for his alleged involvement in the PDS scam, Tatung urged the government not to target one individual and make sure that all were booked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video