AAPSU opposes granting of PRC to non-Arunachalees
Itanagar: Reiterating its stand on the issue of Permanent Resident Certificate to non-Arunachalees in the state, the All Arunachal Pradesh Students Union (AAPSU) has expressed its strong opposition to it.
The AAPSU has spearheaded the issue since its inception and maintains the stand of no compromise on the issue of PRC to non-Arunachalees in the state, Union’s president Kamta Lapung said here today.
Informing that although AAPSU has been made a party of the government constituted committee on the issue and had gone for the spot-survey in Vijaynagar, Lapung said, "We are always against granting of PRC to non-Arunachalees".
The spot-survey should not to be misunderstood as that AAPSU has agreed to the government proposal, rather it was done to understand the ground reality with merits and de- merits, he added.
AAPSU has been fighting for the rights of the people of Arunachal and has been a constant watchdog for the interests of the people of the state, which it would continue to do so, Lapung said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year