AAPSU to educate NE states about brotherhood
Itanagar: All Arunachal Pradesh Students Union (AAPSU) has urged the North East Students Organisation (NESO) and All Assam Students Union (AASU) to educate people of Assam about maintaining brotherhood among NE states.
AAPSU president Takam Tatung referred to recent boundary skirmishes in Likabali, Tarasso and constant harassment of Arunachalee citizens by Assam police while passing through Assam, called for end to such discrimination.
If we do not respect the sentiment of each other, how can we expect mainland Indians to respect us. We should stop harassing each other and stand united, that will send strong message to those who discriminate NE people,? Tatung said here yesterday.
Tatung along with other members of the APSU participated in a rally organised by NESO at Guwahati on Thursday last in protest against the discrimination meted out to NE people and students in various parts of country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH