AAPSU to educate NE states about brotherhood
Itanagar: All Arunachal Pradesh Students Union (AAPSU) has urged the North East Students Organisation (NESO) and All Assam Students Union (AASU) to educate people of Assam about maintaining brotherhood among NE states.
AAPSU president Takam Tatung referred to recent boundary skirmishes in Likabali, Tarasso and constant harassment of Arunachalee citizens by Assam police while passing through Assam, called for end to such discrimination.
If we do not respect the sentiment of each other, how can we expect mainland Indians to respect us. We should stop harassing each other and stand united, that will send strong message to those who discriminate NE people,? Tatung said here yesterday.
Tatung along with other members of the APSU participated in a rally organised by NESO at Guwahati on Thursday last in protest against the discrimination meted out to NE people and students in various parts of country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- PM Modi hosts Rio medallists PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, national sports awardees
- 40 dead as Turkish shelling, raids hit Syrian civilians
- ACB questions former Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit in water tanker scam
- CAB planning Jagmohan Dalmiya Memorial Lecture during home season
- Dhyan Chand should have got Bharat Ratna ahead of Sachin Tendulkar, says former greats