AAPSU to educate NE states about brotherhood
Itanagar: All Arunachal Pradesh Students Union (AAPSU) has urged the North East Students Organisation (NESO) and All Assam Students Union (AASU) to educate people of Assam about maintaining brotherhood among NE states.
AAPSU president Takam Tatung referred to recent boundary skirmishes in Likabali, Tarasso and constant harassment of Arunachalee citizens by Assam police while passing through Assam, called for end to such discrimination.
If we do not respect the sentiment of each other, how can we expect mainland Indians to respect us. We should stop harassing each other and stand united, that will send strong message to those who discriminate NE people,? Tatung said here yesterday.
Tatung along with other members of the APSU participated in a rally organised by NESO at Guwahati on Thursday last in protest against the discrimination meted out to NE people and students in various parts of country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Youth arrested from Parbhani for suspected ISIS links
- Shocking! UP man caught having sexual relationship with 140 women, which includes lady police officer - READ
- Do not intervene in South China Sea dispute: China tells Japan
- Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli steps down
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal