AAPSU welcomes local boundary commission
Itanagar: The All Arunachal Pradesh Students` Union (AAPSU) while welcoming the local boundary commission led by retired Justice Tarun Chatterjee, which is currently studying the interstate boundary issue between Arunachal and Assam on Friday, said it would `not compromise on an inch of land in Arunachal`.
"The AAPSU is opposed to the notification issued in 1951, without the knowledge of the people of Arunachal Pradesh, on the basis of the one-sided Bordoloi Commission report," the apex students` body of the state said and urged the commission to genuinely consider the case of Arunachal Pradesh so that the people of both the states may coexist peacefully.
The commission while studying the issue should take into consideration the traditional rights of communities with due emphasis on the landholding pattern of the individual owners as per their ancestral belongings, irrespective of the states, the AAPSU said in a communique here.
AAPSU also sought a review of the Reserved Forest Notification for the boundary areas, saying the notification along the interstate boundary was `executed arbitrarily, without taking into consideration the ownership rights,` and that the eviction drives initiated by the forest departments of both the states `have been the driving force behind the boundary conflicts.`
Urging the commission to visit all the vulnerable places along the interstate boundary in order to bring about a logical conclusion, the AAPSU assured its full cooperation to any step to reach an amicable and lasting solution to the contentious boundary dispute that has at times polluted the age-old relations between the two states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in