AAPSU welcomes local boundary commission
Itanagar: The All Arunachal Pradesh Students` Union (AAPSU) while welcoming the local boundary commission led by retired Justice Tarun Chatterjee, which is currently studying the interstate boundary issue between Arunachal and Assam on Friday, said it would `not compromise on an inch of land in Arunachal`.
"The AAPSU is opposed to the notification issued in 1951, without the knowledge of the people of Arunachal Pradesh, on the basis of the one-sided Bordoloi Commission report," the apex students` body of the state said and urged the commission to genuinely consider the case of Arunachal Pradesh so that the people of both the states may coexist peacefully.
The commission while studying the issue should take into consideration the traditional rights of communities with due emphasis on the landholding pattern of the individual owners as per their ancestral belongings, irrespective of the states, the AAPSU said in a communique here.
AAPSU also sought a review of the Reserved Forest Notification for the boundary areas, saying the notification along the interstate boundary was `executed arbitrarily, without taking into consideration the ownership rights,` and that the eviction drives initiated by the forest departments of both the states `have been the driving force behind the boundary conflicts.`
Urging the commission to visit all the vulnerable places along the interstate boundary in order to bring about a logical conclusion, the AAPSU assured its full cooperation to any step to reach an amicable and lasting solution to the contentious boundary dispute that has at times polluted the age-old relations between the two states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing