AASU forms human chain demand border fencing
Guwahati: The All Assam Students Union
(AASU) on Tuesday formed a human chain along the Indo-Bangladesh
frontier in Assam`s Dhubri district demanding completion of
border fencing at the earliest.
The influential students` body formed the chain at
Sonahat area in protest against illegal infiltration and the
government`s alleged failure in completing fencing.
The AASU is also demanding resolution of the illegal
foreigners` issue through implementation of the Assam Accord
within a definite time frame.
Officials said there was no report of any untoward
incident during the protest.
The AASU had staged a sit-in demonstration and hunger
strike on October 10 to press for the same demands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family