AASU forms human chain demand border fencing
Guwahati: The All Assam Students Union
(AASU) on Tuesday formed a human chain along the Indo-Bangladesh
frontier in Assam`s Dhubri district demanding completion of
border fencing at the earliest.
The influential students` body formed the chain at
Sonahat area in protest against illegal infiltration and the
government`s alleged failure in completing fencing.
The AASU is also demanding resolution of the illegal
foreigners` issue through implementation of the Assam Accord
within a definite time frame.
Officials said there was no report of any untoward
incident during the protest.
The AASU had staged a sit-in demonstration and hunger
strike on October 10 to press for the same demands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO