AASU forms human chain demand border fencing
Guwahati: The All Assam Students Union
(AASU) on Tuesday formed a human chain along the Indo-Bangladesh
frontier in Assam`s Dhubri district demanding completion of
border fencing at the earliest.
The influential students` body formed the chain at
Sonahat area in protest against illegal infiltration and the
government`s alleged failure in completing fencing.
The AASU is also demanding resolution of the illegal
foreigners` issue through implementation of the Assam Accord
within a definite time frame.
Officials said there was no report of any untoward
incident during the protest.
The AASU had staged a sit-in demonstration and hunger
strike on October 10 to press for the same demands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred