AASU forms human chain demand border fencing
Guwahati: The All Assam Students Union
(AASU) on Tuesday formed a human chain along the Indo-Bangladesh
frontier in Assam`s Dhubri district demanding completion of
border fencing at the earliest.
The influential students` body formed the chain at
Sonahat area in protest against illegal infiltration and the
government`s alleged failure in completing fencing.
The AASU is also demanding resolution of the illegal
foreigners` issue through implementation of the Assam Accord
within a definite time frame.
Officials said there was no report of any untoward
incident during the protest.
The AASU had staged a sit-in demonstration and hunger
strike on October 10 to press for the same demands.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India