AASU students on hunger strike
Guwahati: To demand restoration of the National Register of Citizens (NRC) updation works and halt big dam construction in the north-eastern region, the influential All Assam Students Union (AASU) on Tuesday launched a 30-hour hunger strike across the state.
The largest organisation of students in the state began their hunger strike from 7 am to continue till 1 pm tomorrow with groups of fifty AASU members participating in different district headquarters of the state.
The AASU also protested the alleged corruption in the NC Hills District Autonomous Council and the delay in punishing the ministers allegedly involved in the scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH