AASU students on hunger strike
Guwahati: To demand restoration of the National Register of Citizens (NRC) updation works and halt big dam construction in the north-eastern region, the influential All Assam Students Union (AASU) on Tuesday launched a 30-hour hunger strike across the state.
The largest organisation of students in the state began their hunger strike from 7 am to continue till 1 pm tomorrow with groups of fifty AASU members participating in different district headquarters of the state.
The AASU also protested the alleged corruption in the NC Hills District Autonomous Council and the delay in punishing the ministers allegedly involved in the scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview