AASU students on hunger strike
Guwahati: To demand restoration of the National Register of Citizens (NRC) updation works and halt big dam construction in the north-eastern region, the influential All Assam Students Union (AASU) on Tuesday launched a 30-hour hunger strike across the state.
The largest organisation of students in the state began their hunger strike from 7 am to continue till 1 pm tomorrow with groups of fifty AASU members participating in different district headquarters of the state.
The AASU also protested the alleged corruption in the NC Hills District Autonomous Council and the delay in punishing the ministers allegedly involved in the scam.
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12) Result 2016 to be declared soon
- Xiaomi Mi 5, Redmi Note 3 open sale today; no need for registration
- United Arab Emirates may build a mountain to increase rainfall!
- Premier League: Leicester City's triumph is the reason why we all love football, says Lionel Messi
- Who Humpty? It’s time for ‘Badrinath’ Varun Dhawan to hunt for his ‘Dulhania’ Alia Bhatt