Abducted businessman rescued in Manipur
Imphal: A businessman abducted by militants has been rescued and one of the militants killed by police in Imphal West district, officials said on Wednesday.
Radhakrishna Kanti Wada (40), who runs a small plywood factory, was abducted at gun point by suspected militants of Kangleipak Communist Party Military Council (KCP-MC) from a place near his house at Kanglatongbi area in Senapati district yesterday, they said.
The police, who had launched a search operation for Wada at suspected places, including Chirang area, was fired upon by militants from a house in the area.
In the ensuing encounter an unidentified militant of KCP-MC was killed, they said, adding that one 9 mm pistol, one hand grenade and some documents were recovered from the ultra.
Wada, who was in a house at Haraothel Kuki village near Chirang area, was rescued last evening, they said, adding that the body of the slain militant has been sent to Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital for post mortem.
Family sources of Wada had said that a huge sum of money was demanded for the safe release of Wada earlier. Police said they are investigating into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh had a bitter fall-out on their Paris vacay? - Details inside
- Jayalalithaa urges PM Narendra Modi to get fishermen released from Sri Lanka
- 'Girl boss': Sushmita Sen's weekend getaway with her adorable daughters!
- Getting out of bad relationship good for your health
- Why photoshop them? Try saffron, apples to get 'real armpits'