Abducted businessman rescued in Manipur
Imphal: A businessman abducted by militants has been rescued and one of the militants killed by police in Imphal West district, officials said on Wednesday.
Radhakrishna Kanti Wada (40), who runs a small plywood factory, was abducted at gun point by suspected militants of Kangleipak Communist Party Military Council (KCP-MC) from a place near his house at Kanglatongbi area in Senapati district yesterday, they said.
The police, who had launched a search operation for Wada at suspected places, including Chirang area, was fired upon by militants from a house in the area.
In the ensuing encounter an unidentified militant of KCP-MC was killed, they said, adding that one 9 mm pistol, one hand grenade and some documents were recovered from the ultra.
Wada, who was in a house at Haraothel Kuki village near Chirang area, was rescued last evening, they said, adding that the body of the slain militant has been sent to Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital for post mortem.
Family sources of Wada had said that a huge sum of money was demanded for the safe release of Wada earlier. Police said they are investigating into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui