Abducted businessman rescued in Manipur
Imphal: A businessman abducted by militants has been rescued and one of the militants killed by police in Imphal West district, officials said on Wednesday.
Radhakrishna Kanti Wada (40), who runs a small plywood factory, was abducted at gun point by suspected militants of Kangleipak Communist Party Military Council (KCP-MC) from a place near his house at Kanglatongbi area in Senapati district yesterday, they said.
The police, who had launched a search operation for Wada at suspected places, including Chirang area, was fired upon by militants from a house in the area.
In the ensuing encounter an unidentified militant of KCP-MC was killed, they said, adding that one 9 mm pistol, one hand grenade and some documents were recovered from the ultra.
Wada, who was in a house at Haraothel Kuki village near Chirang area, was rescued last evening, they said, adding that the body of the slain militant has been sent to Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital for post mortem.
Family sources of Wada had said that a huge sum of money was demanded for the safe release of Wada earlier. Police said they are investigating into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand