Abducted village chief rescued in Manipur
Imphal: A village chief, who was abducted from his village in Senapati district, has been rescued from a place in Churachandpur district, police said today.
Ngumkhulum Tuboi (77), the village chief had left his village Chasang under Saikul sub-division in Senapati district on October 3 to attend a meeting nearby but was abducted by suspected Kuki militants.
After a complaint was lodged with Saikul police station, police supported by Assam Rifles personnel of 16th battalion searched Peace Ground area near Churachandpur district headquarters and found Tuboi yesterday morning, they said.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the abduction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened