Abducted village chief rescued in Manipur
Imphal: A village chief, who was abducted from his village in Senapati district, has been rescued from a place in Churachandpur district, police said today.
Ngumkhulum Tuboi (77), the village chief had left his village Chasang under Saikul sub-division in Senapati district on October 3 to attend a meeting nearby but was abducted by suspected Kuki militants.
After a complaint was lodged with Saikul police station, police supported by Assam Rifles personnel of 16th battalion searched Peace Ground area near Churachandpur district headquarters and found Tuboi yesterday morning, they said.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the abduction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH