Abducted village chief rescued in Manipur
Imphal: A village chief, who was abducted from his village in Senapati district, has been rescued from a place in Churachandpur district, police said today.
Ngumkhulum Tuboi (77), the village chief had left his village Chasang under Saikul sub-division in Senapati district on October 3 to attend a meeting nearby but was abducted by suspected Kuki militants.
After a complaint was lodged with Saikul police station, police supported by Assam Rifles personnel of 16th battalion searched Peace Ground area near Churachandpur district headquarters and found Tuboi yesterday morning, they said.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the abduction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family