Abducted village chief rescued in Manipur
Imphal: A village chief, who was abducted from his village in Senapati district, has been rescued from a place in Churachandpur district, police said today.
Ngumkhulum Tuboi (77), the village chief had left his village Chasang under Saikul sub-division in Senapati district on October 3 to attend a meeting nearby but was abducted by suspected Kuki militants.
After a complaint was lodged with Saikul police station, police supported by Assam Rifles personnel of 16th battalion searched Peace Ground area near Churachandpur district headquarters and found Tuboi yesterday morning, they said.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the abduction.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'