Acid attack in bus injures 11 during bandh in Assam
Mangaldoi/Tezpur: At least 11
persons have been injured when bandh supporters hurled an acid
bomb at a bus during a 12-hour Bodoland Territorial Council
(BTC) bandh called by the All Assam Adivasi Students`
Association (AAASA) Monday, the police said.
The bandh enforcers hurled the bomb at the bus, going
from Bishwanath Chariali to Guwahati, at Lalbagh Orang in
Udalguri district and 11 passengers sustained burn injuries.
The condition of seven of the injured was stated to be
critical, the sources said adding five of them have been
shifted to Guwahati Medical College Hospital and two to
Kanaklata Civil Hospital in Tezpur.
The bandh has been called to demand scheduled tribe
status for Adivasis in Assam and rehabilitation of adivasis
evicted from forest lands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis
- Uttarakhand Board Class 12th Examination Results 2016: (uaresults.nic.in) Uttarakhand Board (UK) Class 12th Results 2016, Uttarakhand Class 12 Results 2016 to be declared today