Acid attack in bus injures 11 during bandh in Assam
Mangaldoi/Tezpur: At least 11
persons have been injured when bandh supporters hurled an acid
bomb at a bus during a 12-hour Bodoland Territorial Council
(BTC) bandh called by the All Assam Adivasi Students`
Association (AAASA) Monday, the police said.
The bandh enforcers hurled the bomb at the bus, going
from Bishwanath Chariali to Guwahati, at Lalbagh Orang in
Udalguri district and 11 passengers sustained burn injuries.
The condition of seven of the injured was stated to be
critical, the sources said adding five of them have been
shifted to Guwahati Medical College Hospital and two to
Kanaklata Civil Hospital in Tezpur.
The bandh has been called to demand scheduled tribe
status for Adivasis in Assam and rehabilitation of adivasis
evicted from forest lands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO