Acid attack in bus injures 11 during bandh in Assam
Mangaldoi/Tezpur: At least 11
persons have been injured when bandh supporters hurled an acid
bomb at a bus during a 12-hour Bodoland Territorial Council
(BTC) bandh called by the All Assam Adivasi Students`
Association (AAASA) Monday, the police said.
The bandh enforcers hurled the bomb at the bus, going
from Bishwanath Chariali to Guwahati, at Lalbagh Orang in
Udalguri district and 11 passengers sustained burn injuries.
The condition of seven of the injured was stated to be
critical, the sources said adding five of them have been
shifted to Guwahati Medical College Hospital and two to
Kanaklata Civil Hospital in Tezpur.
The bandh has been called to demand scheduled tribe
status for Adivasis in Assam and rehabilitation of adivasis
evicted from forest lands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill