Acid attack in bus injures 11 during bandh in Assam
Mangaldoi/Tezpur: At least 11
persons have been injured when bandh supporters hurled an acid
bomb at a bus during a 12-hour Bodoland Territorial Council
(BTC) bandh called by the All Assam Adivasi Students`
Association (AAASA) Monday, the police said.
The bandh enforcers hurled the bomb at the bus, going
from Bishwanath Chariali to Guwahati, at Lalbagh Orang in
Udalguri district and 11 passengers sustained burn injuries.
The condition of seven of the injured was stated to be
critical, the sources said adding five of them have been
shifted to Guwahati Medical College Hospital and two to
Kanaklata Civil Hospital in Tezpur.
The bandh has been called to demand scheduled tribe
status for Adivasis in Assam and rehabilitation of adivasis
evicted from forest lands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II