Adequate stock of iodised salt in state: Nagaland govt
Kohima: Setting at rest the rumours about acute shortage of salt in Nagaland, the Director of Food and Civil Supplies, Sedevikho Khro said there is enough stock of iodised salt in the state.
A press release issued by Khro on Saturday said, following reports of rumours of acute shortage of iodised salt, the officials of Food and Civil Supplies department along with the district administration and the police, conducted physical verification in the godowns of the stockist yesterday and found there was sufficient stock of salt.
He also informed a total of 94,000 kgs of Everyday/Prime I/O Plus brand salt have been distributed among the wholesalers of Dimapur and added, there was still balance of 5 lakh kgs of these brands of iodised salt lying in the godown of the distributors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Priyanka Chopra spills the beans about Deepika Padukone’s next Hollywood venture!
- Monsoon to reach Delhi by end of June, says Met department
- India likely to test launch new missile today
- Elli Avram looks red HOT in this latest picture!
- Haji Ali Dargah case: Expect a 'pro women' verdict from Bombay HC, says Trupti Desai