Advanced heart treatment in Assam
Guwahati: Assam-based healthcare provider
group `Ayursundra` is considering the move to spread the concept of specialised heart care units in hospitals across the state, to provide the latest treatment at affordable price.
"In 2010 we set up our first Advanced Cardiac Centre
in Guwahati and now we have tied up with Down Town Hospital in
the city for a 24/7 specialised centre," Ayursundra Healthcare
Chief Executie Officer Abhijit Hazarika said.
He said the group`s model is based on the concept of
`Hospital Within a Hospital` and consists of having a Cath
Lab, an ICU, monitoring system and other associated machines
for dealing with emergencies as well as comprehesive treatment
of heart ailments.
Studies by international journals like `Lancet`
suggest that 60 per cent of heart patients globally are in
"However, people from Assam and the North East had to,
till recently, go to other states for angioplasty and other
treatments," Down Town Hospital Chairman and Managing Director
N N Dutta said, adding that the effort is to make such
facilities available in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- High-speed Spanish Talgo train begins trial run, to be introduced on Delhi-Mumbai route
- Want to improve your sex life? Ditch tampons for menstrual cups!
- Batla House encounter: BJP protests outside Sonia Gandhi's residence
- 'FIR' actor Suresh Chatwal no more, co-star Kavita Kaushik expresses grief
- Virat Kohli fails to breach 1000-run barrier but breaks Suresh Raina's IPL batting record