Advanced heart treatment in Assam
Guwahati: Assam-based healthcare provider
group `Ayursundra` is considering the move to spread the concept of specialised heart care units in hospitals across the state, to provide the latest treatment at affordable price.
"In 2010 we set up our first Advanced Cardiac Centre
in Guwahati and now we have tied up with Down Town Hospital in
the city for a 24/7 specialised centre," Ayursundra Healthcare
Chief Executie Officer Abhijit Hazarika said.
He said the group`s model is based on the concept of
`Hospital Within a Hospital` and consists of having a Cath
Lab, an ICU, monitoring system and other associated machines
for dealing with emergencies as well as comprehesive treatment
of heart ailments.
Studies by international journals like `Lancet`
suggest that 60 per cent of heart patients globally are in
"However, people from Assam and the North East had to,
till recently, go to other states for angioplasty and other
treatments," Down Town Hospital Chairman and Managing Director
N N Dutta said, adding that the effort is to make such
facilities available in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire