Advanced heart treatment in Assam
Guwahati: Assam-based healthcare provider
group `Ayursundra` is considering the move to spread the concept of specialised heart care units in hospitals across the state, to provide the latest treatment at affordable price.
"In 2010 we set up our first Advanced Cardiac Centre
in Guwahati and now we have tied up with Down Town Hospital in
the city for a 24/7 specialised centre," Ayursundra Healthcare
Chief Executie Officer Abhijit Hazarika said.
He said the group`s model is based on the concept of
`Hospital Within a Hospital` and consists of having a Cath
Lab, an ICU, monitoring system and other associated machines
for dealing with emergencies as well as comprehesive treatment
of heart ailments.
Studies by international journals like `Lancet`
suggest that 60 per cent of heart patients globally are in
"However, people from Assam and the North East had to,
till recently, go to other states for angioplasty and other
treatments," Down Town Hospital Chairman and Managing Director
N N Dutta said, adding that the effort is to make such
facilities available in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test