Advanced heart treatment in Assam
Guwahati: Assam-based healthcare provider
group `Ayursundra` is considering the move to spread the concept of specialised heart care units in hospitals across the state, to provide the latest treatment at affordable price.
"In 2010 we set up our first Advanced Cardiac Centre
in Guwahati and now we have tied up with Down Town Hospital in
the city for a 24/7 specialised centre," Ayursundra Healthcare
Chief Executie Officer Abhijit Hazarika said.
He said the group`s model is based on the concept of
`Hospital Within a Hospital` and consists of having a Cath
Lab, an ICU, monitoring system and other associated machines
for dealing with emergencies as well as comprehesive treatment
of heart ailments.
Studies by international journals like `Lancet`
suggest that 60 per cent of heart patients globally are in
"However, people from Assam and the North East had to,
till recently, go to other states for angioplasty and other
treatments," Down Town Hospital Chairman and Managing Director
N N Dutta said, adding that the effort is to make such
facilities available in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video