Agartala: 10 NLFT insurgents surrender
Agartala: Ten insurgents of banned National
Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT), including a woman cadre,
surrendered before the Assam Rifles in North Tripura district,
police said on Thursday.
The ultras surrendered to the Assam Rifles at their camp
at Anandabazar yesterday and deposited two grenades and two
detonators and some documents, they said.
During interrogation, they stated that factionalism in the
insurgent outfit, non-payment and scarcity of food led them to
take the step.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics