Agartala to emerge as 2nd IT hub in NE
Agartala: The state capital is going to emerge as second IT hub after Guwahati in the North-East with the sanctioning of Rs 37 crore by the Centre for construction of its building, official sources said on Wednesday.
"The central government has recently sanctioned Rs 37 crore for construction of the building for setting up the IT hub", Chairman of Tripura Industrial Development Corporation
Ltd, Pabitra Kar said today.
"Many IT companies like Wipro and IBM have already expressed their interests in setting up IT centers. Construction of the building will star from next month and it will be completed within two and half years," Kar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre