Agartala to emerge as 2nd IT hub in NE
Agartala: The state capital is going to emerge as second IT hub after Guwahati in the North-East with the sanctioning of Rs 37 crore by the Centre for construction of its building, official sources said on Wednesday.
"The central government has recently sanctioned Rs 37 crore for construction of the building for setting up the IT hub", Chairman of Tripura Industrial Development Corporation
Ltd, Pabitra Kar said today.
"Many IT companies like Wipro and IBM have already expressed their interests in setting up IT centers. Construction of the building will star from next month and it will be completed within two and half years," Kar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"