Agartala: Two Student Federation of India activists arrested
Agartala: Two activists of Student
Federation of India (SFI), the student wing of ruling CPI-M
were arrested in connection with the attack on the president
of the state unit of National Student Union of India (NSUI),
police said on Tuesday.
The SFI activists, Runu Debnath and Siddhartha Sarathi
Das, were arrested yesterday, the police said.
SFI activists had allegedly attacked NSUI President
Vicky Prasad at the premises of Maharaja Bir Bikram (MBB)
College here on May 21 last when he along with NSUI activists
were protesting forcible collection of subscriptions from the
students by the SFI.
An injured Prasad was shifted to Kolkata where he had to
undergo a surgery on his head.
The Tripura Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) and NSUI
had jointly called a dawn-to-dusk Tripura bandh on May 23
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?