Agartala: Two Student Federation of India activists arrested
Agartala: Two activists of Student
Federation of India (SFI), the student wing of ruling CPI-M
were arrested in connection with the attack on the president
of the state unit of National Student Union of India (NSUI),
police said on Tuesday.
The SFI activists, Runu Debnath and Siddhartha Sarathi
Das, were arrested yesterday, the police said.
SFI activists had allegedly attacked NSUI President
Vicky Prasad at the premises of Maharaja Bir Bikram (MBB)
College here on May 21 last when he along with NSUI activists
were protesting forcible collection of subscriptions from the
students by the SFI.
An injured Prasad was shifted to Kolkata where he had to
undergo a surgery on his head.
The Tripura Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) and NSUI
had jointly called a dawn-to-dusk Tripura bandh on May 23
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan